I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

Alan Katlewande

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 78 on 10/8/2017, 03:59

a new order

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: a new order

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 18/4/2018, 21:21

Renn took the 3DMG from Cora and carried on following her to the forest.
His face faltered a little at the way she spoke about misunderstanding him.
What was there to misunderstand? Well, in any case, that was not the reaction he was hoping to get. Moving on to attempt two.

"Well, you're correct. Getting attached will end up with getting someone hurt but that doesssn't make it wrong, does it? On the contrary, if you ask me. It lets you know who the person is. If you hurt them, then you have to be more careful. If the hurt you, then you need to step up your game and let them know so they can be more careful. Either way, getting attached doessss help."

He tapped his chin in thought. He needed an explanation. What was the best way to tell someone that people are useful and relationships even more so?
König flicked through the few previous experiences he had when he got a little attached to targets.

"Well, when you get attached to people. You open up them and they open up you. You get to learn a little about them that maybe they didn't even know. Same with yourself. You may learn something you didn't realize about yourself. Like habits or feelings, types of guys -or girls- you are in to. These, of course, are just examples."

Renn clicked his fingers as if he made a discovery.

"You also get to enjoy it! They make you feel comfortable, welcomed and loved. Like you belong. A place where you fit in. Or maybe the fact that you don't fit in but they protect you from people who try to mock you for it."

Renn looked shuffled the 3DMG in his hands. It was quite heavy, so he eventually slung it over his shoulder while being careful not to knock off his coat.

"Which brings me back to the way you act. I feel you don't act as yourself. As if you feel you have to be, for lack of a better word, stronger to be respected. I don't mean stronger in strength, so you know. I mean bolder, more fierce, more demanding... like a harsh leader. You don't. You can be yourself. If you're more caring, good for you. If you're less strict, good for you. You shouldn't focus on what others think about you. You should focus on what you think about you."

Renn chuckled, "I know it may sound contradictory to what I just said a minute ago... but if someone doesn't accept you for who you are, don't bother with 'em. You don't have to change for people just because they're not ok with something. Either tell them to deal with it or tell them to get lost. Unless, of course, you are willing to change for them because you want to. Then that's ok."

Renn spied Cora out of the corner of his eye. He patiently watched the fellow Alpha, hoping for a reaction.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 18/4/2018, 21:44

Cora stay silent throughout his whole speech. Her facial expression changed a bit from time to time, that tended to happen if she did not control herself much. A rather...annoying habit of hers.

She really did not understand him and the way he said that she should get attached to someone. Cora made a short mental note to ask him about it. Maybe she misunderstood him again. He talked about opening up...something Cora never had done. She...kind of had opened up with basically showing the whole world her split personalities, and that had ended up everything but good! In some way atleast, right now she could not have wished for anything more than being kicked out and back with her old companions.
The way he phrased it made it seem like you could only be welcomed and loved if you opened up. She thought about it for a bit. He was not necessarily wrong. She had opened up to Alan and Mitsuo a bit after all...and she had enjoyed it. She had enjoyed their company, the way the protected her and the way they cared for her. She also chose to ignore the types of guys or girls. She had never really thought about it, nor did she want to. That was not her thing at all and she really did not want to get involved with it. It just made her feel uncomfortable and she hoped Renn had not noticed that during their conversations.

He then talked about how he did not feel as if she was acting like herself. In her opinion there was not a single bit of truth in his words. Even though there was a bit, she was trying not to let others know how she actually was. She was trying to keep herself under control, control what others thought of her, control what they knew of her. But in her position it was important. She trusted her Betas to not want to kill her at some point, but she did not trust the other Alphas. Funnily enough she trusted Gillian. But...did she trust Renn? She was always glad for his help, but did she trust him? Cora was not sure about that at all.

During her whole thought process her face had become darker and darker, it was visible that she was thinking about his words and what she thought of them.

He stopped talking and Cora opened her mouth slowly, thinking about what to reply.
"Let me get this in order...", she said slowly, "you think that getting attached is...important. But...let me ask you one question: have you ever been really attached to someone?"
She stared at him. Cora had no information whether or not he had any...affairs or the like. As far as she was aware he was standing alone, more using people than anything else.

She just nodded to his answer (OOC: even if he does not give one).

Nec started wondering what his actual intentions were, something Cora had not waisted a single thought on so far. It was good to have your own advisors in your head, where no one could hear them.
"About the way I act.", Cora started and the rest was continued by Nec. Her voice changed smoothly from her usual one to the smokey rather deep one, "You would not want me to act the way I just am. It would end in pure chaos.", she started laughing, in a completly different voice again, this time Vex.
She bent down, still laughing, it seemed as if she was in pain. She quickly pulled a knife out of her boot and cut her arm. Not much, just enough to get a bit of blood flowing.
Cora stopped laughing immediatly and went back into her normal position. She smiled awkwardly.
"Renn...listen...you might be worried about me changing myself too much and...caring too much what you and the other Alphas think. I really appreciate it. It is very friendly from you. But...I don't care. I just...", she stopped talking and hoped he would figure it out himself.

Cora stopped walking and put her own jacket on the ground again, preparing to show him how to put on 3DMG.
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 18/4/2018, 22:19

Renn sighed again and slowly shook his head. He didn't let Cora know of his attachments because the few he had are all just corpses now.
His thoughts escaped his lips as she finished telling him her reasons.
"Harder than I thought," was mumbled.

König took the 3DMG from his shoulder and placed it on the ground before taking off his coat and folding it up again. Once more he put it on Cora's jacket.

He then picked up the 3DMG once more, look at Miss Wolf expectantly. His smile was half the size it normally was, almost worn and defeated, looking more solemn.

"Come on then, show me how to get his on and how it worksss. I'll stop bothering you with any deep talk from now on. I ssssee you're not into it and I apologize."

Renn shuffled the 3DMG in his hands, trying to find the area you put on first but eventually he got confused and gave up, waiting for Cora's lead to show him.

The Snake couldn't see why the military liked the devices so much, they just seemed to be a hassle and looked like a pain to equip and unequip.
He concluded that they mustn't have anything better and just stick with the mess that this gear was.

"So, anything you want to talk about? I'm honesssstly open to anything... as long as it's not about me, obviously. Any subject, any topic. Whatever. Jusssst let it roll off your tongue."

Renn figured if Cora was this hard to get information from, then he was scared as to what he'd have to do to get Driscoll to talk. Layne will be a bit of a problem as well, he realized and he'd already decided to use scare tactics on Gillian.
Hopefully, Gillian's cowardice would make him squeak.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 18/4/2018, 22:36

Cora was...extremly disappointed with his reaction. He seemingly was as well. Which just made her laugh. She continued laughing for a bit before she managed to catch enough breath to talk.

"I am sorry Mister König.", she said, half mocking him, "It's just...I guess we are both quite disappointed with our conversations, eh?"
She grinned widely but it quickly turned into only a smile, "I guess...you just want to know whom you are dealing with. It's not like I don't want to know the same. I suppose I am quite right that we both have checked each others backstories as far as we could. It is important to know your potential enemies...", she paused, "Or allies.", she paused again. Her smile had disappeared completly, but her facial expression was still friendly.
"Renn, I see you are a good Alpha. I can see you have your division under control, fully. Not necessarily in a... 'humane' way. But it's not like I particularely care about that. You are most certainly not wrong with me behaving different from how I am. It's not like you can say anything else about yourself though. Let's be honest...we are very similar to one another. I have my own problems, you for sure have yours. Yours might not manifest as bad as mine do...but they still do somehow."
She took a deep breath, smiling again, "This might be a huge mistake right now but... instead of being enemies, trying to figure something out about each other, how about we become allies? Us two teaming up could really lead us somewhere. You might not be too fond of sharing some of your secrets with me, but I promise, you will get enough from my side. I can be of use to you, and as far as I know...that's all you care about."
Her expression changed towards a serious one.
"But don't think you can play any games with me either. You might be smarter than I am. But I do have some back up which is no match for you."
She held out a hand for him to either grab or push away. It was his choice now.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 18/4/2018, 22:56

Renn perked at Cora's words. Each one catching him more than the last. At first, he was excited by the unexpected outcome and cheeriness she had. Then the mood lowered and lowered until it became completely business. His smile became a frown and his mood became weary.

Renn didn't believe him and Cora were similar but he didn't believe they were different either. They had shared traits and vastly different ones as well.

Renn was intrigued but still disappointed. Then she stuck out her hand as to confirm a deal. Renn bit his lip, thinking about the situation. His face slowly turned into a slight snarl.

"Not enemiessss, huh? Well, Miss Wolf, it's not fun when you know that I'm using you and you keep making these deals that alwayssss seem like there's a catch to them. I assume there isn't one this time as I'm under the impressssssion you don't know what you want."

König switched his attention between Cora's hand and her face, as if expecting some action to occur; like an ambush.
He nodded, stop snarling and pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Not enemies. Hmph, fine. I'll take it but you sssshould stop being... this... when we're working together. Unless, of course, there are others around. I'll also stop being... thissss... in fair trade. You can act all threating. I can too. We both know, however, we do not know who we're dealing with."

Renn firmly took Cora's hand a gave it one vicious shake. The deal had been made. No going back. He was not ok with this. He was the Snake. He was only ok with being one step ahead of everyone. Now one of the Alpha's had managed to fall in sync with his steps. He messed up.

"Now, how about we teach me to usssse 3DMG? Like we came here for."

He knew there was something about her that he liked. That he admired. Something the rest of the Alphas lacked. Something he was looking for within his group. She had it. Although he was pleased that he had found it. He was mad that she had it and she was an Alpha.
She. had. passion.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 18/4/2018, 23:13

Cora carefully watched his facial expressions change as she was talking. He seemed...rather...displeased. But he still agreed. So she was more happy than she could have been.
The moment he took and shook her hand she started laughing and made a small jump in the air.
"Yes!"
She giggled a bit, "You don't know how happy I am with this."
Cora put her hands on her hips and grinned widely at him. "Renn, Renn, Renny, you made a woman very happy with this!", her grin got wider. Then she suddenly stopped grinning and scratched her head.
"I shall be honest with you. I have no idea why I wanted that. You are quite correct with your impression that I don't know what I...want.", she talked a bit slower, still scratching her head and staring down into the dirt, "Ohhh...I think I got it."
She looked up to him, "You know. I don't really have any plans. I know I want to enjoy my time using 3DMG and such. Fighting. Getting beaten up...which is very visible right now...but...you there seem like the type of person to have quite the goal in mind. I don't. I am not sure what your goal in the end will be, but I am in on it!"
She hoped he kind of understood her, because she was not sure if she understood herself properly. All she knew was that he was marvelous at leading his division and probably strived for something greater than being an Alpha. And that was something she was looking for. A way, some...something to look forward to. Something to desire, to reach.
In the military she had had a goal. A simple one...but...it had been there. 'Graduate'. Possibly join one of the suicide squads and then have as an end goal 'survive' or 'serve humanity', maybe just even 'follow orders'.
But she had been kicked out. She had fulfilled her goals of one: becoming an alpha, two: getting the pack to serve the military and three: getting it to live together. The last one really just being a very minor goal she had had. But recently...there had been nothing. And as much as she liked to lead people...she was still one to follow orders and do what other people said. That's why she was a good mercenary and soldier. If the one paying her wanted something from her she would do it without hesitation. But Cora without a command or goal from someone else in mind was like a wolf without a pack. They could live alone following their own desires for a while, but they were still made to live together.
Nec complained about this analogy but Cora was way to happy to care about what he said.

"Now. Let me teach you!", she said, still extremly happy. She got her own 3DMG and slowly showed him how to put it on. She would help him if he needed any help.

After she had put it on and he did as well she would show him how to shoot hooks. First practicing to simply shoot one into a nearby tree.
"So...shooting those hooks is rather simple. You might have to train your aim. I am not sure if you are used to handling ranged weapons or not...it might actually help you here. Aiming is probably the hardest part about this."
She would continue to teach him the aim for a bit longer.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 18/4/2018, 23:41

When Renn shook Cora's hand, what happened next was unexpected to him. She became giddy with joy even doing a small victory 'hop'. Seeing her act silly brought a confused smile to his face. This woman. She kept doing weird things.

His fellow Alpha then started talking about how he seemed to have an end goal. She couldn't be any closer from the truth. Then she said, with full confidence, that she was in on it. That had Renn surprised. He didn't trust her enough to tell her his goal right now but... knowing that she'd help him, just like that, gave him a little bit of relief. Even a sigh escaped his lips.

"I, in all honesty, don't think I'll ever understand you. You're an Alpha, but you're willing to join me to reach my end goals. Mine. Not yours. There's no promise that you'll get a reward out of this, you know?"

Renn shrugged. It was not a problem. It made him a little more confident actually, knowing she sided with him. He could use all the help he can get. Literally.
"Fine, whatever. However, I will be cautious that you'll stab me in the back at any given moment. Also, do not back out on me, no matter how hard or how life-threatening."

König felt he may have given too much of a hint there. It didn't concern him too much, it was still vague and if she worked it out, she worked it out. He was always prepared for traitors. For he, himself, was a traitor.

To fully persuade her to stay on his side and confirm she has no intentions of stealing his goal from him, Renn decided to use a word he never used before and probably will never use again.

"Please."

Right. On to the 3DMG training. As Cora started putting on her gear, Renn started putting his on alongside her, making sure he got it right. He had it on it no time.
She then showed him how to fire a hook, stating that it'd be easier if he was used to range weapons.
He was, of course, as it was basic training to join the pack, however, he didn't use ranged weapons a lot since being a full-fledged member and so his aiming was a bit rusty, not too far off though. Not a problem, that'll be corrected easily.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 19/4/2018, 08:53

Cora looked at him, full of confidence.
"Renn. I have been in so many life threatening situations. I don't think that that would be something that would ever stop me from siding with you. And about the reward...I really don't care about this right now to be honest. I am pretty sure that whatever your goals are that I will get a slight bit of more power out of it...in which case...it's still a reward. And if they fail and they put me in prison or kill me. Well then I don't get one. But...hey. Atleast it was fun while it lasted."
She grinned. Cora had not really thought about what would happen if she sided with him. She was not aware of any of the consequences and that might proof to be...quite a challenge for her. But it was still a challenge in the end, which made it atleast a bit more fun, right?

"About me betraying you. I have taken a decision and I will not...what's the word...leave you alone in it. However. It might be smart to not let the other Alphas know...you don't know how they might react. I might have agreed to all your terms and conditions but wasting my life is not on my bucket list. Staying secretive does certainly provide us with more...options later on."
She smiled and then went back to teaching him 3DMG.

"Now. If you press this button here, you can pull yourself to where you have shot a hook. You might want to be a bit careful with it so you don't crash into the next tree. Even though. I would love to have another good laugh."
She grinned, "Seriously though, don't do that. Don't wanna have you dead yet."

Cora shoot a hook a bit upwards on the trunk of a tree and did as she said, pulled herself towards it. She bsaically stood vertically on the tree, looking downwards.
It was everything but comfortable for her, the bruises being pressed on by the straps of her 3DMG was what made it that bad.
She had a bit trouble breathing and decided it was best to get down again.
Cora jumped off while shooting her hooks into two other trees to soften her fall, she hit one of the branches though and instead of having two wires to hang on she only had one.
The only way she softened her fall now was by rolling. She stood up, but almost immediatly fell down to her knees. Cora sat there for a bit, trying to breathe again.
She managed to stand up, only to walk down to a tree and sit down there.
Her breath was still shallow, almost non observable.
"Alright. Renn.", she said quietly, "I can not show you much today. I can still give you hints on what to do better."
Cora grinned.
"Won't backstab you, too weak right now."
Nec was quite unhappy with that answer, given Renn was strong enough to kill her at any moment. Cora just put her trust in him, not sure how it would end.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 19/4/2018, 12:56

Renn watched with full attention. He understood how Cora used the hooks but now it was a test to see if he could do the same.

König fired a hook into a tree and pressed the button to reel it. He zoomed off towards it and, as he got close, he managed to land both feet on the tree. His landing wasn't smooth but he didn't kill himself, at least. A few more practices and he should be able to grapple fluidly and skillfully. Turns out Miss Wolf isn't a bad teacher.

Renn spied his fellow Alpha sitting down. She wasn't it the greatest of conditions currently. A situation he would normally take advantage of. Great.
He grappled a few more times around the forest to improve his skill with landing and grappling continuity.

Eventually, he stopped, feeling content with what he had achieved. He walked back over to Cora and knelt in front of her.

"Are you alright? Want help back insssside? Maybe you should get some ressst for the remainder of the day. Come on, let me help you. Its the least I can do for now."
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 19/4/2018, 17:29

Cora watched him swing around the forest. He was a fast learner. Or maybe learning 3DMG after already being a trained mercenary, which also included acrobatics and such, was simply not that hard. Atleast, it was way easier for one of their kind to learn it compared to the average civilian that joined the millitary.
She was quite confident that he would figure it out on his own rather soon. The trick was still being able to kill titans later on...buut...that was something for a different day. They did not have the puppets to train on anyway. At some point they would get some. Probably.

He came towards her and even knelt in front of her. She was quite surprised at that as it actually seemed like he was worried.
"I will be blunt. I can let you see me like this right now. But I really don't want the other Alphas to see me like this. They might...plan something.", she stopped and thought about it, "Unless you want to plan something as well, using me as bait?"

"Think about it, while I get out of my 3DMG, it will work wonders."
Cora got rid of all the straps she could get rid off while sitting. Nothing pressing on her bruises certainly helped her.
It's not like the 3DMG itself was one of the lightest materials either.
She crossed her arms and looked at him, waiting for his answer.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 19/4/2018, 18:59

Renn chuckled, an actual legitimate chuckle, from Cora's proposition. He gently shook his head at the female Alpha with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"What is wrong with you? Seriously? You keep offering yourself to me. Is there something wrong with you? You know I'm the most hated Alpha so there's got to be something that is making you do this. I know I have managed to convince you so it's not me."

Renn helped Cora up to her feet, allowing her to use him as support. If she was so certain that she wanted to be used, especially in such a condition, then Renn wasn't going to say no to her although he didn't want to, however. That he questioned. He would never usually hesitate to use someone so why now? Maybe he doesn't want to expend her uses so quickly. Yeah, that had to be it.

"Fine, I'll use you as bait. Mainly for Driscoll. I have nothing on that guy and I don't like it. I have the feeling he's up to something. It may not be traitorous but it still can't be good. With you how you are, he definitely would try something if he knew. So I'm going to use that to my advantage and catch him."
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 22/4/2018, 14:39

Cora gladly took his help to stand up. She was quite looking forward on what he wanted to do and how. It might be interesting, esspecially given Driscoll was the most shady and probably the most distrusting.

Nec and Vex started having their own little conversation in Cora's head. Without her listening. They did not do that very often but if they were confused or worried about her...and planned to do something without her knowledge, they tended to do it.

So. What...is she doing exactly?
I am not sure to be honest, she seems to trust someone. Which is not good. Even I know that.
If you know something, there must be something off quite a bit.
We could kill him? It would solve our problems!
That is not an option, not in our current status.
Vex sighed.
You know it is not, Vex. Don't complain about it. So. She trusts someone. I mean I get her, she really is not on good terms with either of her normal friends right now. Maybe she just wants to make....new companions. However. The way she is doing it now gets out of control a bit....
He stopped talking and thought about it for a bit.
I have a good idea. Let's go on with this. Cora might not betray Renn at any point, that does not mean either of us won't. We will save our asses the same way we have done countless times. She will see. Renn will see. It's fine.
Vex just agreed.

Before Cora could say something else to Renn, Nec had quickly reminded her of her lost family members and how she did not want to lose Renn either. And people that somehow were close to her got killed. She was not all too happy with what he said, could not deny it though.

"Any plans? As in...any details for the plans you are gong to have? What do you want to know of him anyway?", she asked, her voice sounding like the last question did not really matter to her. To Cora it did not right now. But to Nec, esspecially Nec and Vex it certainly did.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 22/4/2018, 16:07

Renn mulled over Cora's question for a while as he helped her back inside the headquarters.

"Well, first of all, we need to put you in a place where he can naturally find out about your condition. This will help make sure he doesn't discover the fact that we're setting him up."

The cogs ticked in Renn's head as ideas fell into place. Setting up a perfect plan to catch someone you didn't know anything about was unsurprisingly difficult.

"Then, I'll need to find a place where I can't wait nearby. This is so I can intercept anything he tries to do and catch him in the act. If I can do that then I can get some dirt on him."

Renn tried to think of any alternative plans which, again, was unsurprisingly difficult. He didn't know any factors that can come into play. There was nothing he could really prepare for.

"If he doesn't try anything then I'll help patch you up and have to try something else on him at a later point in time. Anything else that possibly happens... we'll have to wait and see."

Renn smiled at Cora, trying to be reassuring. Not to her but to himself. Not only did he not know anything about Driscoll, he didn't know how much Driscoll knew about him. A pain.

"I am open to suggestions if you have anything in mind, however. You seem to get your work done well so you must be quite a strategist... or, at least, have good ideas."
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 22/4/2018, 21:03

Cora nodded. She quickly moved her hand over her body, seeing if she had all her knives with her. Good.

"Alright. We could also make it more obvious and let everyone know, and then see what happens. Might also be quite the fun idea, even though it is going to be more risky."

She let go of Renn completly, "Let me walk on my own now, depending on who should know...", she stopped talking, not really sure how she would finish the sentence, "I mean, we should not let everyone know, right? Or...should we?", she was tired and not really aware of Renn's future plans.

Cora laughed a bit at him calling her a strategist.
"I am not one. Part of me is. But it's not me."
You are damn well right there, idiot.
Stop insulting me, moron.
Shhhh, guys, guys. We all know I am the real idiot here....wait. I mean you.

"The thing is, I am not really sure what you plan to get out of Driscoll. You just want some dirt on him? Or find a reason to publically be allowed to answer him question with/without the use of certain tools?"
With certain tools she was quite obviously referring to inhumane questioning methods.

Listen. I am not sure what you both plan on doing here, but I won't allow you to get hurt. As far as you should know, Vex is simply too dumb to think of consequences when he is getting hurt. So if it goes too bad, I have no shame of letting him take control and rid ourselves from Driscoll.
Yeah! Good idea! We can even continue making him live! Like...like a puppet or something.
This is why.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 23/4/2018, 14:54

Renn stood idly, listening to what Cora had to say. Once she was finished making her remarks, Renn nodded and started answering her questions with what choices he'd prefer.

"You're right... not everyone sssshould know. That can bring too many people to try and attack you which would make thingssss unnecessarily difficult."

Renn nodded, still trying to put a plan together in hopes of it will work. The definite procedures he has got going for him is to catch Driscoll and not let Cora die. Not now, at least, as she's offered him her uses.

"I'm hoping to catch Driscoll take advantage of your ssssituation and at least try to abuse you. I'd prefer it if I can catch him trying to kill you assss then we will know he's untrustworthy and wants ussss dead. From then on, I'll try to find out why he wants us dead, as I can asssssume a man like him doesn't do things without reason."

Ren gestured for Cora to carrying on walking. Once she started moving again he waited until he was 30 steps behind so he could follow. From time to time he would pause and look like he was doing something else so no one could understand what he was doing. He made sure, however, to keep Cora in sight.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 23/4/2018, 17:43

Cora just went inside. Their building had seperate portions for each division and conveniently enough Driscoll's was quite close. All she had to do was limp through it. Which...should not be very hard.

She opened a back door, looking around to see if anyone was there. She saw one of his men standing a bit off, but he did not see her. She pretended to not see him, a plan she would follow through with everyone that was not obviously walking towards her and obviously seen.
Cora closed the door as quietly as possible, but still made enough sounds to be heard. It was unnormal for her to pretend to be invisible while actually trying to be it. Certainly interesting though.
She walked down the corridor and passed an open door, some of Driscoll's men were sitting in there, they looked up when she passed but Cora just looked down, apparently not seeing them.
Cora limped more than she had to and slowly made her way towards her own chamber.
This should have been enough to alert them. It was not only Driscoll that was this shady, it was all of his men. Which might be an advantage if she eventually managed to buy one of them to work for her.

Cora just got out of her boots and lied down in bed. She pretended to sleep, happily hugging one of her daggers.

Now all she had to do was wait
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 23/4/2018, 18:09

As Cora entered her chambers, Renn made himself busy by taking an unnoticeable quick step that caused his coat to fall onto the ground. In an act of dismay he grudge Ted, turned around and picked it up. He then proceeded to dust it off and put it back to how it was on his shoulders.

As König did this, he noticed out the corner of his eye one of Driscoll's men taking action and leave, presumably to find his Alpha and inform him of Miss Wolf's condition.

After watching the grunt leave, Renn made it look like he was leaving by turning to walk down an empty corridor. As soon as he was out of sight, however, the Snake stopped and turned around, leaning next to the wall to peak around and watch.

Eventually, Driscoll marched his way by with his heavy footsteps. He was clearly heading to Cora's chambers which showed he was informed of her last known whereabouts.

As Driscoll wandered out of sight, Renn waited a few more seconds to walk back and follow him. Driscoll's men looked at confused as they saw him walk by earlier but they didn't say anything. This made König relieved as he assumed they would've taken action from his suspiciousness.

Renn managed to catch Driscoll in sight again as the shady Alpha entered Cora's chambers. The Snake managed to avoid being seen as Driscoll checked to make sure no one saw him as he closed the door behind him.

A few moments later, Renn planned on entering the room. Not doing so straight away was key as he wanted to catch Driscoll with some sort of weapon or during an attack. Too early and Driscoll could play off as being falsely clean.
You can't trick a trickster.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 23/4/2018, 18:41

Cora kind of regretted the fact that she did not decide on a signal with Reen so he would know if or when he should enter. She just hoped he would figure it out on his own.
She turned the knife in a way so she could always have a look at the door in the reflection, while facing away from it.
She heard someone walking up the steps, it was quiet but she was still disappointed in Driscoll for making this much noise. How could he ever be considered shady?! She just guessed he was really confident in what he was about to do.

The door quietly opened. Cora had one of her eyes closed, the other one open to take a look if it was actually him. It was. And he seemed to be determined to...do something. He closed the door again, standing there for a bit, looking at her.
Cora did not move and tried breathing as normally as she could, she would have usually gone into a more shallow state of breathing...but that would be obvious.

Driscoll pulled a knife out behind his back and slowly went towards her. Cora moved slightly and he stopped, seeing if she was awake or not. He came closer and grabbed her by the shoulder, wanting to turn her around, she immediatly held her knife on his throat, he did the same.
"You were awake?"
"Nah, you woke me up by your absurdly loud footsteps. I have a light sleep."
He grunted.
"Guess we are in a pitch now, eh? Who will cut first.", Cora said, grinning widely.
"It's easy, we will fight, you will lose. You are hurt.", he pressed his hand on her abdomen, she flinched slightly at it.
"You see...you would lose for sure.", he pulled up her shirt on her abdomen a bit. It was almost fully blue, slowly turning black. He raised his eyebrows. Cora pressed her knife a bit more against his throat.
"That's why I don't wanna touch that weird 3DMG.", he whispered.
"What do you want, Driscoll?", she asked him.
He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. You know stuff I don't. Everyone here seems to. I might just want you to tell me."
"You could have asked nicely, instead of trying to kill me.", he pressed on her abdomen, she used her knee to get him off of her and threw him off the bed.
Renn entered at this point, as he heard the comotion inside.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 23/4/2018, 20:30

Renn walked into the room, barely making a noise. As the door slowly swung closed behind him, he looked down at Driscoll with his twisted expression. His smile grew when he spotted the knife.

"Driscoll! Didn't expect to meet you here. Ssssomething the matter?"
A small chuckle, his biting sarcasm making itself clear.
Renn gently placed his hands in his pockets and stare coldly at the shady Alpha, who stared coldly back.

"You. You set me up didn't you!?"
Driscoll spat out, turning his gaze between the two. He shuffled on the floor, bringing himself to his feet and standing up.

"Well, I'd be lying if I ssssaid no. This wasssss a test. To see what you would do. You failed."
Renn's eyes glistened with an evil joy. A little light had been shed on Dricoll's shadowy intentions and thus a little bit of information was revealed.

"Don't worry," the Snake continued, "we're not going to harm you, nor will we speak of this to any other of the Alphassss. We do now know, however, that you won't hesitate to kill us given the chance."

Driscoll was not happy. His face full of anger and his mouth twisted into a snarl. His hand was still harshly gripped to the knife.

"Be wary, Driscoll. I now know. This makessss you a problem. I do believe we will be having more situations in the future. You may leave."

Renn gestured to the door. Driscoll gave the Snake a hard stare before walking out. Renn chuckled as he watched the shady Alpha close the door behind him.

"Well, that wassss fun. I shall now do everything in my power to find out why he would want to kill ussss. You were lucky that you pledge allegiance to me earlier, Miss Wolf, else Driscoll wouldn't have had the chance to kill you. You would've been already dead."

Renn turned to leave, giving a dismissive wave of goodbye.

"You can patch yourself up, I'm sssure. Do try to get sssome rest. I'm ssssure you'll need it. You'll have to be in a better shape to ssssurvive around here, after all."

As Renn opened the door, he turned to face Cora one last time and gave her a flash of his wicked smile.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 23/4/2018, 21:31

Cora did not say anything while they were playing their rather fun little mind games with each other. She was not really one to play those, but Nec certainly was. And it had caught on to him. He was on his way thinking about whether or not he would be able to force the other Alphas under his command, and if yes, who went first? And how?
Driscoll was Renn's game for now, but as much as he despised certain others...they had their benefits. Both of them were really quiet, careful and still somehow managed to be Alphas. Nec planned to combine all of those in one Alpha to make himself above all. He was not sure if he would manage in the end or if he would even like it. But he certainly would like to try it. Trying does not hurt, does it?
Vex contradicted him on that, he had tried way too much, including holding someone else's hand into a fire to see if it hurts. He tried it, it apparently hurt, so trying does in fact hurt.
Nec wished he could throw him out of their head. Roommates sucked.

Cora got a tiny...a tiiiny...little bit pissed at him saying she would not have survived it without him. Yes, she was hurt...but...she managed to get him off, one more move from her side and he would have had a thrown knife in his chest. Or...well it would have ended well for her. In the end. She was sure about it. Not too sure.
Instead of saying anything or letting him know she just smiled weakly and nodded, pretending to be hurt more than she was and also pretending to agree with him.
She really did not. But it was no use letting him know that now. He would figure it out himself once the time had come. He for sure would...Nec smiled in their head.

Alot of the times when they were having conversations they imagined each other standing in the room, as if they were having an actual conversation with each other. It was quite entertaining as they could also use gestures...depending on who was more in charge at those moments Cora's body would move the way they were all gesturing and it would look rather odd for a bystander. How fortunate that she had never had one so far. When they were fighting over the body it could almost seem as if she was having a seizure. Which she did not, but her arms were moving according to three people having a very intense discussion.

Cora lied down in bed again once he was gone, she would indeed rest a bit. The rides from the days before, the fights and the usage of 3DMG were taking a huge toll on her. But resting would not take too long for her. Only a few hours, then she would be up and running again, pretending to be fine. She then would disappear again and Cora would repeat this cycle, shortening the amount of rest and increasing all sorts of exercises.
Before she closed her eyes, Ludwig entered. They had a short discussion about what had happened, she did not reveal her plans with Renn, and then he decided to stay guard in her room.
She fell asleep, still hugging one of her knives
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 24/4/2018, 22:36

Renn stood outside Miss Wolf's chamber and sighed. Upon doing so, he looked down at the floor and, more importantly, his legs.
He had forgotten to take the 3DMG off. Must've been that eager to catch Driscoll.
König decided to return the 3DMG to the storage shed he had got it from and made his way through the building, heading back out to the training courtyard.

Upon doing so, Renn tried to avoid Driscoll's division and the shady Alpha's men as much as possible. Just in case Driscoll gave them the order to attack the Snake upon sight.
It had now become a game of cat and mouse. Renn would chase Driscoll and he could only presume Driscoll would chase him now.

'Now how do I get to scratch at Cora's ssssecrets?'
He started running ideas through his head, most of them sick and twisted which included torture but he knew that wouldn't work on her.
'Maybe I should force her to open up to me... I can offer her my sssservices, to which I will not allow her to deny.'

Renn had managed to reach the storage shed while flicking through his strategies. He managed to unstrap the 3DMG from his body easily and place it back where it belonged.
As he shut the storage shed and turned to make his way back into the HQ building, he noticed Cora's 3DMG left where she was resting earlier.

He chuckled at the lonesome sight of it before walking over to it and picking it up. Favors. A good thing to deal. Give one, get one back. That's how he was going to get information out of Cora.

He headed back to her chambers.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 24/4/2018, 23:22

Cora's sleep had always been light and recently it had gotten even lighter, esspecially as she now lived under the same roof as a bunch of high-class killers.
She was so exhausted that she skipped most sleep phases and went right into REM sleep.

She only dreamt rarely, or if she did...she forgot it very fast. Most of her dreams had always been nightmares, and it still was this way. By now she was used to alot of them, or she simply did not get scared at the amount of blood and body parts that surrounded her dreams. She still somehow got affected by it. There had been times when she had not been used to it, good times, when she was still very young. Her getting dragged into being a future mercenary had not only twisted her day to day life but also her night times.

She found herself in a long dark corridor, doors lining both sides. Cora opened one of them. Empty. She went to the next one. Empty as well. Panicking she proceeded to open the next. Empty. The next. Empty again. Every room was empty. She reached the end of the corridor and the last door. Cora opened it carefully, it was filled top to bottom with men, women, young children. Their bodies were twisted around, bones were broken, they were bleeding. None of them were giving off any sound. There was just a soft, unison breathing to be heard. Cora looked at the pile of bodies. In the very front was an old man, she remembered him from somewhere but she could not quite grasp who it was. He was staring at her, opened his mouth and started chanting something about stars.
The others joined him. The pile of bodies moved, a woman crawled out from it, blonde, tall, scared all over her body. Her grey eyes were shining in the light. She went towards the man and slit him up. Butchered him. Ended his soft song. The whole room went quiet. The corpses pulled her back into the pile, Cora ran towards her.
She stared at her getting pulled back, desperately trying to escape the bloody embrace. But she did not help him. Instead she kneeled down to the now dead old man. Tears running down her face. Why did the woman kill him? His song was so soft...so...calming.
She stood up and turned around, the scenery had changed, she was in a courtyard. In front of her a mirror, it was dusty. Cora wiped the dust away.
She blinked slowly at the picture that was in front of her. Cora looked down. Then looked up in the mirror again, instead of her usual face she could only see Alan's. It was Alan's face. Alan's body. Cora, or Alan, blinked again. Her face changed towards Mitsuo's. She stared at it. Mitsuo stared back. His face began to change once again, to Auth's.
Cora started breathing heavier and slowly went away from the mirror. Her normal face appeared on the mirror and the pile of corpses pulled her into them. She wanted to scream, but she could not. One of them, one of the twisted, broken, bloody corpses placed her hand on her mouth. She looked up to see it's face. It was a wolf's skull.

Cora woke up. She was breathing heavily and sweating all over. Her clothes were sticking towards her body, completly soaked from her dream. She slowly sat up in bed and threw the blanket off of her. She closed her eyes and held her head in her hands.
"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay...", she continued, slowly rocking forwards and backwards.
Vex made some 'shhh' - ing sounds from time to time and Nec touched Cora's forehead.
"Your temperature is quite high. You might have had fever dreams."
Cora nodded and smiled weakly, "Thank you, Nec. And thank you Vex.", she whispered.
Nec nodded as well, he was not one to smile but Vex did, widely so even.
"Good that I don't have fever!", he said happily.
"Even if it affects you less, Vex, it will still affect all of us somehow. We need rest.", Nec replied coldly.
Vex frowned and angrily turned his head, or rather Cora's, away, staring onto the ground. He mumbled something about 'idiot, fun police and so on'.
Nec only shook his head at his behavior. Or well, still Cora's.
Cora continued rocking forward and backwards, calming herself down a bit. It took only a short time until she had managed to go back to normal, considering her situation overal.
"It's okay. I am good again. You should stop worrying about me this much.", she smiled. Vex smiled back once again, Nec did not.
Cora went over to her cabinet and poured herself some water in a glass from a bottle. She quickly drank it and poured herself another.
"We should change. It looks like we just took a bath with all of our clothes still on!", she chukled quietly. It cheered Vex up a bit.
They changed into a t-shit and short, more loose pants. Atleast this way completly dry now, eh?
Cora sat down on the bed again and started taking off some of her bandages on her legs.
"Don't put new ones now, Cora, let them dry a bit, those got soaked as well. You might want to apply some alcohol or something though.", Nec suggested and immediatly went towards the cabinet again to get alcohol. He got towards the bed and 'handed' it to Cora.
"Here. I brought you some."
Cora nodded and poured a bit on one of the bigger abbrassions on her upper leg. It was some pus on it, great. Neither of them were happy with it. It seemed to be the only one that had it though. Made sense, it had also been the one that was the most annoying to clean. It used to have lots of little stones and dirt in it.
She leaned onto the wall, staring at the ceiling while waiting for the pain of the alcohol to stop.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 25/4/2018, 18:02

Renn found himself walking towards the door to Cora's chambers. His stride fast and purposeful. The one person between him and the door was Ludwig, who seemed to tense up on noticing Renn's approach.
Made sense as the Snake had a snarl and the expression to kill on his face, after all, but this was only because there was a presence. He had nothing against Cora's Beta.

As soon as he was in distance, Renn raised Cora's 3DMG to the same height as Ludwig's head, making it easily brought to the Beta's attention.

"Ssssshe forgot this. I've brought it back for her. Isssss it alright if I go in?"
Renn pointed to the door with his free hand. Ludwig stared blankly at the Snake, who guessed the Beta didn't expect him to act in such way. Eventually, Ludwig nodded and stepped out the way before walking away down the corridor.

Renn carried on and was about to know on the door to Miss Wolf's chambers until he head talking. He hesitated and decided to listen for a while. It was her... talking to herself? In different tones of voices. Her persoanlities, König eventually figured out.

When all went quiet, he figured she had finished doing... whatever... and knocked on the door three, solid times.
He waited a moment.
"It'ssss me again. Found something of yourssss. Figured you'd want it back."

Would've been funny if he had Ludwig's head in his hand instead of Cora's 3DMG. Shame. Oh well, he decided that was a joke for another day.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 26/4/2018, 07:54

Cora looked at the door without moving her head from the wall. Quite uncomfortable for her eyes, but she was lazy.
"Oh. Renny. Come in!", she chuckled quietly at 'Renny'. He would probably not like her calling him that way but she could care less right now.
"You found something of mine? Did I lose one of my soldiers in the forests or something?"

She waited for him to step in, thinking about what it could be before she remembered it could also be her 3DMG.
"Or is it something boring like my 3dmg?", she asked before he could step in.
Cora looked at the bottle of alcohol next to her. It was almost pure alcohol, so drinking that...she was not sure how well that would end. She had never seen anyone do it, but...eh. She decided to leave it and cope with her problems differently.

Apart from that, it would probably not be good if someone would find her drunk here...it was already weird enough when Mitsuo or Alan were around if she was drunk. Or Auth. She tended to forget about him recently. It was not her fault though! He was never here. The last times she went to eat out with everyone he left suddenly without a word. What did he do?! Constantly leaving, neglecting his... 'friends' maybe. Bah. His fault for Cora forgetting him!
She had heard some rumours about him wanting to quit the military but she...was not all too sure about that. I mean. He was already kind of wrong being in the survey corps. She never understood why he went there in the first place. His whole family was military police. Why did he go there? Was he not good enough for MP? Or was he rebellious towards his father?
She sighed and stopped thinking about them. It would just get her angry, esspecially given the recent events.

Renn had stepped in by now.
"Is there anything else you found? Finding things out belongs into that category.", she asked him.
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 26/4/2018, 20:33

Renn slowly opened the door to Cora's chambers at her permission. His face distorted into one of disgust at the nickname she had called him.

"Never call me that again... or elsssse you'll have a fight on your handsss. Trust me. I believe you wouldn't want that and I... well... I'd be over the moon to beat you to a pulp."

His faced returned to his wicked smile. Renn loved threatening others. He loved living up to his threats even more. Oh how he wished he had more people to pick on.
Especially people who are weak.

"Yes, it'ssss your boring 3DMG that you forgot. I brought it back to you. Thought I'd better before ssssomeone stole it. Now you owe me."

Renn started to enter the room. Slowly entering like a snake stalking it's prey. He was coiled up and ready to strike given the opportunity. Of course this was not to fight Cora. This was to get her to tell him her secrets.

"I didn't find out anything else. I avoided everyone during my walk. Well, except Ludwig, of coursssse. Speaking of, he left. Guesssss he doesn't care if you die or not. O don't blame him, as he'd get your position."

Renn paused and took a moment to think. Mainly about the new merge of all Alphas and how the system may change. Would it be by nature or by force. Either way, all of them now have to adapt.

"Or would he? Of you died, I wonder if any of the other Alphas will assssssert dominance and take control of your division. I'd be willing to test that..."

Renn stared at Cora, his eyes glistening with mischief and insanity.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next