Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix) Empty Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix)

Post by Herdir 16/9/2018, 19:55

Auth breathed in the morning air as he dismounted and led the horse to the public stable. Rather humid, and the light grey clouds on the sky did promise some form of light rain later. Not ideal, since broad daylight was always safer, but it couldn't be helped. One cannot control the heavens.

Some time ago, he had sent an invitation to Cora to meet with him and catch up. He had tried not to interact with her until now, in order to avoid the possibility of triggering some form of post-trauma stress. Was it nice of him to not have talked with her yet? No, certainly not. But it was better this way. More veiled, more hidden, safer.

Even now, he was keeping as low a profile as he could. Ragged clothing, cloak, hood, but no grab like Black Crow or the like; he didn't want to attract attention. Like this, he looked like just another Krolva denizen up to no good, so essentially like all of them. The meeting spot was a low-profile tavern, the sort of place that serves cheap booze and lax rules, overlooked by everyone. From the outside, it was an poorly maintained old building, and from the inside it was the same thing: tight walled, almost windowless, poorly lit, overpowering smell of alcohol. Auth grabbed a pair of flagons of whatever cheap wine they served, and sat on a creaky chair at a dirty table.

Cora would have to be there soon, if she'd show up. He couldn't blame her if she didn't, but he hoped she would. He really needed to see her, to see she's still alive and well, functioning, and not broken down. They had tried breaking her. If they succeeded, only Cora could say. Auth sighed loudly.

It had been his fault she got targeted. His fault she had gotten tortured. His fault she had gotten...

He sighed again. Marvin was dead. Hanged for treason. The court almost didn't care about Cora's torturing, but the Watcher's testimony about assassinations had been enough. The Watcher himself was now free; escaped, and nobody knew how. Except Auth, who had dropped a copy of they key in his cell. Now, he had a second mercenary group he could appeal to, one less open than the Pack. Still... none of that mattered in the end. Cora still got caught.

Yes, he had gotten her out, but how late? How could he allow it to get that late? And now he hadn't seen Cora in a long while. Just like he hadn't then.

Feeling a spike of panic rising in his mind, he drank deeply from the flagon. Awful taste, to be sure, but strong. What if Cora had gotten captured again? What if the mastermind behind the original plan decided to finish the job? What if now, while he was here sitting waiting, Cora was somewhere in a dungeon, screaming in pain?

Barely, Auth managed to compromise himself into staying put. If she wouldn't show up, he'd personally barge into the Pack compound. If she wasn't there...

No, better not think about it.

She had to be safe, for sure, right?

...Right?
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix) Empty Re: Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix)

Post by cornix 18/9/2018, 14:00

Cora made her way towards Krolva early in the morning, while most of the pact was up, some alphas weren't yet and she really did not need any form of interupting by them right now. They had had enough of a fight the other day. It did not take her long to find the place Auth had wanted to meet in. It was a common meeting spot for all the lowlife that Krolva had. Or...well Krolva was a meeting spot for however bad a person could be. She loved it. It was her hometown after all. All the time she had spent in different districts she had never really fitted in. Here however, she could walk and people did not give a damn about the fact that she was a woman running around with a military haircut, a scar over her face or various other bruises. While she sometimes did enjoy the stares of noble woman when they saw her she enjoyed being...not seen as well.

Cora entered and did not even look for Auth. She first got herself a drink and gulped it down completly at the bar before ordering the next one and a bit of food and then looking for Auth.
He was not hard to find. Yes, his cloths were ragged and horrible looking...his face was not. His clothes were dirty but he himself did not look like it. She let herself fall down onto the chair opposite to his and almost fell over.
"Oh for fuck's sake.", she hissed and put the piece of wood that had kept the chair steady before under one of it's legs. She moved a bit to see if it was still as unsteady. It was not.
With a satisfying look she looked up to Auth.
"Good morning.", her voice broke in between and she coughed and stared down into her drink. What was in this thing? She did not want to know. She fished out a piece of potato and raised her eyebrow at it. Alcohol soup. Mhhh.
Cora threw it across the room in some corner and took a sip out of her mug.

She stared at Auth, waiting for him to say something while she started to play with a butter knife that was laying around. They brought her some bread and butter and she made started eating her breakfast.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix) Empty Re: Scars, Wounds (closed: Herdir, Cornix)

Post by Herdir 18/9/2018, 14:21

As he saw Cora enter, Auth simultaneously let out a sigh of relief and felt his innards pang. The cut on her face, and her hair... both were obvious reminders of what had happened to her. Because of him. He closed his eyes as she went over to the bar, trying to calm himself down. Getting emotional over things wouldn't help. Especially not with Cora.

Once she finally sat down, and nearly fell, it took another bit of effort not to jump to help her. She could take care of herself, but his reflexes said otherwise. Those same reflexes insulted her very being. Hopefully, she didn't notice him twitching, or she assumed it wasn't in order to help her.

"'morning, Cora." Auth pushed the second flagon towards her. "I had gotten drinks for both of us, but I see you've jumped ahead of me. Oh well." Okay, now who on earth was going to drink that crap. He certainly didn't want to torture his taste buds with another flagon of it. Perhaps he needed the alcohol, though.

"Sorry for not contacting you sooner..." or coming to visit while you were in the hospital, but that was an implication he didn't voice. She's either get it or not. "Thought it might to more bad than good. How are things on your side? Everything all right in the Pack?"

Smalltalk, really. He wanted to know how she felt, but he couldn't just ask her. Not because she wouldn't answer, but because he didn't like asking something that in this context. He swallowed a chuckle. Was he being polite to her independence, or was he just protecting his 'I don't really care about you' image? Was there any point in even holding it up?
By this point, it was certain Cora was special to him. Somehow. He didn't know how.

But he did not want to see her hurt. Not again.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 18/9/2018, 16:59

Cora munched on her food. This was rather good. Well. No. It was bad. Incredibly bad. But for once she was able to eat without the other alphas watching and having to watch out herself.
Auth started spewing words. Was he worried about her? Cora knew he was a bit, but he seemed way more concerned about her wellbeing that she would have thought he was. Why though? Technically they did not even know each other that well. He seemed more concerned than Renn was, and Renn and she knew each other since they were still pups.

Auth seemed rather unhappy with his drink as well. Cora would anyway need more than two. Even though...she was not too keen on having to fish out another potato....or..what else might swim in that brown brew they were drinking.

"Sorry for not contacting you sooner...Thought it might to more bad than good. How are things on your side? Everything all right in the Pack?", he said with a considerable pause in between.
Cora swallowed down her food and nodded, "Yes, everything alright. Having some problems with the other Alphas. Not with all of them, of course.", she leaned in and whispered, "Have you heard? They want to retake trost! They asked me...I will help!", she smiled happily but only for a split second before holding her head as if she suddenly got a headache. Cora stopped again and smiled.

"Anyway...it was fine that you did not contact me. I had some great visitors in the hospital. Some...who might understand more.", Cora did not mean it as an accusaition even though it probably sounded like one to Auth, "The nurses are probably glad I left. I had some fun throwing knives at their funny little hats. They did not want to let me go, that kind of got them to allow me to leave earlier", she grinned widely, "Otherwise...throwing knives is a bit hard, but I am getting used to it. Sometimes my face hurts and the bigger wounds open again when I use 3DMG. Only a bit. It's not that bad."
She stared onto the ceiling, "That concludes my health report, which you probably wanted to know but were too shy to ask. Now...is there anything else?"
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 18/9/2018, 17:22

Auth just watcher her chew happily at her food. Honestly, she was either crazier than he thought, or there was something aside from the food making her pleased with it. The thing she was eating looked like something he wouldn't even feed to his horse.

He smiled softly at her upon hearing everything was all right, and just chuckled at the health report. Yes, he didn't miss the comment about more pleasant company, that being Renn, obviously, but he couldn't complain. The man had helped him save her, and they knew each other for much longer. Deep down, he envied him. He quickly wavered that thought away, since it was irrational and baseless.

"Well, thanks for the report. You've guess quite right, to be fair, I was being shy to ask for once in my life." Likely the first time, too. "And obviously I know about Trost. Who do you think convinced the nobility to allow that sort of bold and cash-risking move? I just damn hope Sev..." he immediately cut himself short, and and his eyes darted around the room. "... The Red Titan doesn't show up. If he does...well, don't die on me." I've already lost a family member to that... God damn it, Auth, what's wrong with you. Is Cora family now? How come?

He leaned back on his chair, turning around what she said in his mind. Problems with the other Alphas? Likely not Renn, and Auth trusted him to keep her safe from the others. They didn't have the subtlety or viciousness of politicians, though, so whatever it was she'd be able to defend herself too. If they even did that sort of thing over there. Hm. Did they?

"Say, Cora, problems with the alphas... Is the Pack like our..."

On the corner of his eye, behind and to the left of Cora, he noticed a small, glassy surfaced, moving orb. Shit

"GET DOWN"

Before even finishing his words, he had already more or less jumped from his chair and threw Cora off to the floor, with him on top of her. The next instant, the orb exploded, and sharp pain shot though his back muscles. Great. Shrapnel. At least the table blocked most of it. Bomb weren't a common thing, that was sure. In all honesty, the only ones he'd ever seen use them around this leisurely were those backed by nobility. And throwing a bomb into a random inn...

Well, the only sensible answer was assassins.

Getting off of Cora and pulling her up, he saw four cloaked and masked figures enter the bar. Screams of pain and fear filled the room, and the four men didn't even try to stop the fleeing innocents.

Why now? Can't they wait until I'm alone, at least, and not drag Cora into this?!
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 18/9/2018, 19:26

Cora fell onto the floor. Auth on top of her. She inhaled sharply at the pain from falling onto her wounds. She almost panicked but calmed down instantly as she made herself clear that it was Auth. Something had exploded. Were they? Were they after her again? Was- the panick was back and Nec took over to keep Cora's body from doing anything unwanted, while calming her down again. No. The ones wanting her were dead. These were most certainly not for her. These were for Auth, given that there had not been any other interesting person in the inn. Atleast looks wise they all looked like the same boring peasants.

Auth got off of her and she quickly turned her head around, now having control over her body again. Ohhh! Nice! Fights!
She grunted and quickly got onto her knees, the butterknife still in her hand. She looked at it. Useless! It was a butterknife, it was not sharp enough! Vex threw it with as much strength as he had towards the neck of one of the attackers. It...Oh. It just made him mad. Vex grabbed one of her own knives and threw that one, this time actually entering the neck, he screamed but it shortly was barely hearable and only turned into a bubbly sound, blood spewing out of his mouth. He coughed and got the blood everywhere. Pretty! Vex thought. He loved blood. The colour...the smell...the taste. It was beautiful.

No. No. No. No.

Vex held his head and screamed slightly, an animalistic scream. Nothing human about it. It was not like Vex was much of a human either.
Cora took back over and jumped behind the table. Between Auth getting off of her and Vex killing the guy there had been only a few split seconds. She grabbed the mug in which the alcohol was in before and turned around in just the right moment to smash it on top of the head of a person that came close to her table. He stumbled backwards and she quickly was on top of him, slitting his throat so deep his head almost fell off.

No. This is not right.

Cora ignored the all too familiar voice and attacked the one next to her. She used the same knife and rammed it into his leg. He grabbed her and threw onto the bar. She kicked him back and threw him into the bottles behind the bar. He grunted and his head fell onto his chest. Cora jumped the counter and grabbed him by his shirt.
"Who sent you? WHO SENT YOU?", she shouted and bashed his head against the wall behind him. He grunted and started laughing, his mouth full of blood.
Cora just held him, waiting for an answer.
"You...you...killed one of the peasants. You...what are you blind?", she let him go. He fell onto the ground, his body was lifeless, a bottle went through the side of his neck. He had not talked. He could not have.
Cora reeled backwards and fell against the counter, sitting behind it. Ignoring the fact that there still could be others alive in the bar.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 18/9/2018, 20:42

As battle erupted, chaos ensured. Within seconds, Cora - or, likelier, Vex - stabbed herself with a butter knife, threw it at an attacker, threw a proper knife and killed the man, then screamed and fell over, and killed a nearby innocent.

Great. So she was more whacked in the head than she used to be. Couldn't pay that any mind now, though. As two more attackers entered the room and they started mounting an offensive, Auth's hands disappeared into his pockets, then returned with a ceramic sphere with exactly one orifice and a short stick. He quickly slammed the two together, and threw it as far in between the attackers as possible.

Two can play this damn game, you bastards

His own little grenade was faster, but less powerful. Also non-fragmenting. Usually, these are weaknesses, but in these close quarters, all it did was make sure the second explosion only affected them. Three died outright, one lay dying on the floor. The last one stromed off before Auth could pull a gun after him. Not good. He'll likely be back with reinforcements.

Now, Cora. After a quick scan of the surroundings, he found her cowering behind the bar. Well, sitting, but there's little difference. Especially given she didn't seem quite all right. Something was different about her mind, and about her personalities; of course it was, after what she went through. Unfortunately, this was no time for subtlety and softness.

"Cora, we need to get out of here. Fast."

Without waiting for her to answer, he forced her to her feet and started going for the back door. Perhaps he was hurting her, but keeping her safe was more important. Maybe he should just run alone, but he didn't want to take the chance. No more gambling on Cora's well-being. One time had been enough. No more.

Now, he was forced to stop Cora in her tracks, once again forcefully. A tripwire on the backdoor. This place had been set up. While they were talking? While he was waiting for Cora? The second was the most likely. Then, why didn't they attack earlier? Cora. Of course. They had attacked him by hurting her once, and they seemed keen to do so twice. She was as much in danger as he was.

"Trapped. Main door is our only option."

Five more men entered. Whomever was doing this had resources to spare, and Auth didn't have a second bomb on him. Luckily, the attackers had knives, and not guns. Auth could down two with bullets before he had to get in melee, and he hoped to all the gods he knew that Cora was able to protect herself.

Damn it. I'm NOT losing Cora too.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 18/9/2018, 21:10

Auth dragged Cora around, she just stared back at the corpse of the man. No. What happened? Why...Cora's thoughts were all scrambled around. He dragged her towards the back, then back forward again. She had not realized that he had said anything. Did he even?
Her reflexes kicked back in the moment she saw more men around. Okay. Okay. If she could not control her thoughts she could atleast rid herself of them by fighting. Cora grabbed the next bottle of alcohol next to her, took a sip and smashed it onto the wall. Broken bottles were a great makeshift weapon. Without caring for where Auth was or what he was doing she darted forward and grabbed the next person attacking her with a knife. She got rid of the knife in his hand and rammed the bottle into his gut. Slitting it open. The attackers after that one were more careful. They went for Auth. Only one stayed with her. His face was masked. He laughed and they went around each other for a bit, each of them waiting for the other one to move.

Cora got a glimpse of the peasant she had killed earlier. She felt the urge to vomit. Her attacker took this moment of not watching out to throw himself at her and over the counter once again. The air got pressed out of her lungs and Cora was unable to breath. Nevertheless she shmashed the bottle on his head, getting him off her a bit. Enough to stand. Both of them had lost their weapons and Cora was the first one to throw a punch in his direction.
Their fight went on for a while, until both of them landed on the floor again.

Cora was not sure how it ended, she just found herself sitting on top of him. He was lying on the floor, a puddle of blood behind his head, slowly getting bigger.
Her breath was heavy, wincing a bit with every time she took another one. She could barely see out of one eye, he had landed one of his punches quite well. Cora spat out a bit of blood and ruffled her hair. Ruining her anyway already ruined hairstyle.

The man she was sitting on moved a bit and she took his head and smashed it onto the ground a few more times until he was completly lifeless and his skull did not feel hard but soft.
She took off the piece of cloth wrapped around the lower half of his face and wiped away the blood from her own.
Cora threw it away and looked at the person below her. No...no..no...tears started running down her face.
She wiped away the blood from the man's face below her.
"You are dead....you are dead...", she whispered, "You were dead and now I killed you again."
He opened his eyes and smiled at Cora, "No, I am not. I am still here"
Cora smiled at hearing Alan's familiar voice, unaware that she was the one talking with his voice to a corpse.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 18/9/2018, 21:41

Cora's consciousness was dubious at best, but she did rush headlong into the fight as soon as it started. As she killed one with the bottle, Auth shot down another. This created an immediate split between the men, judging the by relative dangers of the weapons: bottle vs guns.

As such, Cora was left with one as Auth used his second gun to dwindle his opposition. Two men left. He dodged backwards once to gain time to pull his knives, then just in time parried a blow towards his neck. The attackers were splitting up. Not good. Auth shifted his position again, feinting at one of them, then kicking towards the other.

His kick was simply another feint. As the man dodged, Auth's kick showed it's real target, a nearby chair. With that thrown in the way, he was now in a very temporary one-on-one. Yes, he was rather rusty, but the opponent didn't expect the vicious assault either. In a flash, six or seven slashes were traded, and Auth ended up with a cut arm and pierced shoulder, and the other guy was dead. Almost immediately, though, the previous one got back into the fight.

After a few more defensive steps, Auth finally managed to sneak in a blow to the man's gut. He traded by getting another long, ugly cut on his arm, but he won. Mentally, he wished the pain away, focusing on the task at hand. Old trick of his father, really, but it worked wonders for when you had something important and short term to do. The pain he felt was all but gone now, and he rushed over to where Cora stood over the enemy.

She had... won... but she was talking to Alan. And talking... as Alan. Gods. She had a new personality, and this one wasn't her own creation. And it was opposite to the rest of her. It would tear her down. This wasn't good. Not a single bit. She stay there hallucinating, and Auth watched her frozen.

His fault. It was his fault. He was the one that dragged her into this heist. He was the one that attracted attention on her. It was because of him that she got captured. He was the one that waited so damn long before he checked on her. He could have prevented all this. She would've been all right if not for him... Damn it.

Now, he knelt next to her, and hugged her softly. Maybe it would do more bad than good. He didn't know. Honestly, he had no idea what to do anymore. Why did he even care this much? He held her a bit tighter, and mentally made a soft prayer to nameless deities. Faint tears rolled off on his face. Cora...

Please, Cora... Don't break. Please.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 19/9/2018, 00:14

Auth suddenly came towards her and hugged her. He should hug Alan not her! He was back! He was alive.
Alan's face left the one of the person in front of her and just floated in front before he got a body. Cora stared at him for a bit.
"Oh. Oh no.", she said quietly, "You are kidding me, right?", Cora stood up, getting herself out of Auth's hug and walked towards Alan. Stumbling was more like it. Esspecially given the few splinters of glass stuck in her legs.

Cora waved her hand through Alan and sighed again, "Oh man. Dude. I am sorry! I know it was my fault...now you come back to haunt me.", she started laughing almost maniacly, "I missed you! And now you are in my head!", she bumped his imaginary shoulder and got herself something to drink. She was almost crying. Tears of happiness however.
"You are back. You are back. You are back!", she started singing quietly and poured herself a drink in a broken glass. Cora continued humming before she saw Auth.

"Oh. Oh! Alan is back, Auth! Alan is back! He is not fully dead! He is here!", she pointed in the air to where he was standing. Cora took a deep chug and offered Auth some. "You want some? You look like you need a drink."
"You know I am only in your head?"
"Yes I do...I do know that...but you are back! I can...I can finally say sorry", her voice got quieter and quieter.
"You did not kill me."
"Yes I did. I got attached....you...you know how it ends.", she turned towards the halluzination again, "We should talk this in private. We are going to get Auth all confused, right?", she winked at him and finished the rest of her alcohol.

Cora poured herself more into her cup and started plucking out glass shards. With each one she pulled Alan disappeared more and more until he eventually had gone fully, just staying in the back of her mind. Minding his own business.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 19/9/2018, 00:39

Cora left his hug, and Auth was simply left there, kneeling, baffled at this. For a split second, he wondered about back when she was still in the military, back when she got kicked out. About those things his father said. Were they... were they still true?

Had they ever been? His father didn't lie, but his views of the world were different. After all... Severin was his creation. Was that the potential he saw in Cora? The potential to be another great weapon, but broken human being? It sounded more and more likely. Demon of the Military Police, eh? Did he want to be that man's shadow? He sighed, and pulled himself up.

Cora excitedly told him Alan was back. He sighed again. No, Cora, he's not back... your mind just broke... poor you. He didn't even know anymore. Alan had died, Cora ended up like this. His own father died. Maybe he was the one making people get hurt, not Cora. Maybe it was his friends destined to all die. Was Mitsuo next? Would that train endeavour kill him? The more he thought about it, the likelier it sounded. Damn.

Maybe I oughta get myself a new personality. That could be fun.

Auth seated himself on the edge of a table and simply watched Cora almost ritually pull shards out of her arm. Ah, yes, those...

He stifled a gasp of pain. Damn. It was like he had a thousand little needles stuck in his back. The cuts on the arms didn't make things better. He ripped part of his cloak and bandaged the obvious ones. He should stop seeing Cora. He should stop seeing Mitsuo. He should stop ever dragging people he cared about into his business. Because unlike theirs, his business was synonymous with death and pain. Nobody is as cruel as those who desire power at any cost. He laughed aloud at his earlier unspoken question. The Pack anything like the government? Yeah, right. The pack wasn't full of self-serving, double-triple-crossing, ideal-less, power-hungry, immoral, exceedingly influential bastards that spilled each other's blood almost for sport.

With yet another sigh, he stood up, walking to Cora.

"We should leave."

Huh. He spoke less. This things really had affected him, hasn't it? Just to make sure his meaning got across, he grabbed Cora's arm gently and started heading for the door. This had to stop. He had to stop making ties to human beings. He was a politician now. Morals were a luxury. Friends were a weakness. Pushing the door open, he left the bar and started heading for the stables.

On the corner of his eye, a bit of steel flashed. Knife. Long. Aimed to Cora's back. He wouldn't be able to warn her in time, not ever. And especially not with her in this... state. He felt a heartbeat. Time slowed down. He pushed Cora with all his strength. Another heartbeat. The attacker looked confused. Interesting. The knife hadn't changed course, also interesting. It was now heading for his chest. Huh.

Another heartbeat. A muffled, overly slowed down tearing sound reached his ears. He pulled out his knife and stabbed the attacker's throat. Hm. His hands moved much faster than he remembered they could, and why did the world move this slow? Heartbeat. He looked towards Cora, safely out of the way of the blade. He smiled. He looked down. Heartbeat. Blade in his chest, all the way up into his heart. So that's why the beats sounded muffled and felt like hurting.

"You're..." Why did it take so much effort to talk? "...safe."

Why did he do this? Oh, a wonder for another time. Wait. There won't be another time. Auth's eyes closed, and he felt his body fall. His mind, though! Never before in his life had his mind been so... quick. So active. Heartbeat. He felt that if he wanted, he could analyze his entire personal history. In an instant, he could recall every piece of information he had ever known. It was all too obvious what Severin's real motivations had been, all too obvious who precisely his father used to be, evident who had been plotting behind Marvin, all of it. It was so easy! So dumb!

Huh. So death came next, huh?

Heart-

Time to finally see the answer to that age-old question.

-beat.

And it was the last
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 19/9/2018, 01:48

Cora was completly intoxicated with alcohol now. Even plucking out the glass shards was becoming a hassle. She was not too sure which one she had grabbed and which one she had not. Auth started leading her outside. She just stumbled behind him.

And then everything went fast. Auth shoved her into the nearest wall and by the time she had recovered from it there were two bodies on the ground and alot of blood.
"You're....safe", he had managed to say before he had dropped completly and Cora just stared at the scenario, unsure of what just happened. She limped towards them.
"Auth?", she asked quietly, "Auth?", Cora kneeled down and turned him around. His body was completly lifeless.
"No...noo...nooo", she continued saying and pressed her hand onto the wound in a helpless attempt to somehow get his soul back into his body. "Please. Auth...Auth come back", her eyes started filling with tears with soon her whole face was wet.
"Not again. Not again. Not again. Auth come back. You can't just die like this. Not in here. This is...this is...this is no place for you...the last drink you had was probably the worst of your life...you have to come back. Please come back, Auth. I will...I will give you something better to drink. I will get you proper food. And...and less dirty clothing. You can't just die here. Auth....Auth....Auth?", she wiped away the blood and dirt from his face. Her eyes carefully staring into his, trying to find atleast a bit of life in them. BUt there was not any. His eyes were...empty. Completly.
Cora pressed his body against her chest and sat in silence for a long time. Ignoring the amount of peasants slowly gathering with each minute of the sun rising.

It was all her fault. Again. All her fault. Another one had died now. Another person she cared for, just because she did not stay away from them. She should have just died in that cellar, or succeeded in killing herself afterwards. Why did she not? If she would have Auth would still be alive now. He would still be with them. He...Cora's thoughts spiraled around the same thing over and over again: it is your fault. Don't get into peoples' lives. It just puts them in harm's way. It gets them killed.

Cora eventually stood up and lied Auth's body down onto some hay. She carefully closed his eyes and put a blanket over him. After she had grabbed the nearest half trust worthy boy she could find to inform the proper authorities Cora went back into the bar and poured herself another mug. One turned into two. Two into three. And it continued until Cora eventually passed out in her own vomit.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top