Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix) Empty Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix)

Post by cornix 19/9/2018, 18:32

"Miss....Miss...", someone shook Cora and she fell of the bar chair she had been sitting on. With a grunt she stood up and held onto the counter so she would not directly fall over again.
"Miss?", the voice said again and a hand held her shoulder, keeping her a bit more steady than she was right now. Cora stared at the hand, trying to figure out what it was doing there all alone until she realized an arm and a person was in fact attached. She looked at the boy. He probably was around 15, garrison.
"Miss...Can you hear me."
"Yes, yes, I can...", she grunted and grabbed the mug that was standing in front of her, he stopped her from drinking more.
"I got you a carriage to get you to your headquarters. Mister Vi Rauco has been taken care off, his body is...on his way to his family, Ma'am."
Cora nodded, "Thank you.", She shoved his hand away and tumbled outside, she stopped in the door way and turned around, "And...it's 'Sir' for you."
The boy looked confused but still corrected his last statement quietly.
Cora nodded and walked to the cart. She fell on the back and lifted her hand. The guy in front nodded and started driving her back to her headquarters.

By the time she was back it was already way past midnight and only the guards were up. One of them got Ludwig and he carried her up towards the baths. While one of them was boiling the water Cora sat on a chair, she however fell from it so many times that they just sat her down on the floor. Ludwig asked a few times what had happened but Cora stayed silent, just stared onto the ceiling. Both of them left eventually and left her alone with herself for a while.
She stared onto the water, undressed and stepped into it.
One of her Deltas came and took her clothing to wash the blood and vomit, as Cora started to do the same with her face, hair and rest of her body. She was somewhat glad that her wounds burned when in contact with water, it kept her more awake. Cora put her head under water and stayed for as long as she could. It was her fault again. Hers. She did not have herself under control. She had nothing under control. If she could not even keep her own mind from wandering around and imagining people that were not there...how...how would she ever lead the pack? How would she be able to do anything at all? Her mind continued spiraling around the same aspects. Fault, Madness, Incapability. All those things. Over and over again.
Eventually the water got cold and she stepped out and dried herself off.
Cora started dressing in fresh pair of short pants, and shirt and put bandages around her chest as a makeshift sports bra.
She went downstairs and through the empty mess hall straight to the kitchen. She got herself the strongest alcohol she could find and walked outside.
Cora stared onto the night sky and enjoyed the cold grass under her bare feet. She just continued walking for an hour or something until she had found a rather comfortable place between two birch trees, next to a small stream.
She let herself fall down against one of them and slid down until she was sitting under it. She opened the first of her bottles and emptied it within a very short amount of time. With the others she took longer.
Her whole body was shivering from the cold, but Cora made herself believe that the alcohol atleast warmed up her insides. It atleast felt that way, in reality it cooled her down even more.
By the time the sun had started to rise she had finished two bottles and looked about as done with the world as the puddle of vomit a few meters next to her.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix) Empty Re: Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix)

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 19/9/2018, 19:10

One of Renn's men had seen Cora enter the headquarters at an unreasonable time in the night. They also had seen her leave the headquarters some time after. They reported this to Renn's Beta and the Beta had reported this it the general area that the Snake had chose to sleep that night.

When the Beta had left, König got out of his hiding place and headed to leave the headquarters. He wasn't too concerned to run, however his walking pace was faster than usual.
Upon exiting the building, Renn headed for the general direction that Cora had been seen waking in. He eventually came across the two trees that she was sat under by the time dawn had broke.

As he approached, he noticed he hollow expression, the bottles of alcohol and the puddle of vomit. The Snake was already guessing the possibilities of what went on while he was scratching at the scar of his neck.

He stood still just a few steps away and stayed silent as he registered the situation in his mind.
"I don't know whether to comfort you or sssssssscold you. Should I be sad or should I be disappointed. No matter what the ansssssswer is, I know for sure that drinking issss not helping you."

He gave a heavy sigh.
"I've tried leaving it alone. Staying out of your business just enough to let you cope with it how you want. But this... thisssss has got to stop."
He stopped scratching his neck.
"The self pity, the guilt, the weaknesssss. You're just giving up. I hate to say it... but I'm not sure if you're even an Alpha anymore."

The Snake couldn't even look at the female Wolf for long, averting his gaze to the floor.
"I highly doubt you'd even be able to handle yourself for whatever has been planned for Trost. I dare ssssay, you're in no condition to go."

Konig bit his tongue, the sharpness of what he was saying was clear to him. He was being harsh and mean to her. He was being unfair... but he didn't have to be fair, he wasn't her friend. He had no friends.
"Your in no condition for anything, by appearances. Not even in the condition for being you. In fact, youve barely been you at all, recently. I don't know who you are... but you're definitely not Cora."
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

Back to top Go down

Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix) Empty Re: Dance with the Dead (closed, Mitsuo, Cornix)

Post by cornix 19/9/2018, 22:33

"Ouch. Give a dying man another push towards the edge.", she just grunted and looked at him briefly before staring at the water in the stream flowing. It was mesmerizing. So calm. So steady. She just wanted to drown all her being in it. Cora stood up, limped towards the stream and let herself fall next to it again. She held her head under water. The water was tempting....she could just not stand up anymore, she was anyway tired enough.
It took her a bit but she eventually stood up and held onto one of the birch trees to prevent herself from falling.

He was not too wrong with what he had said. Self pity, guilt, weakness...the main aspect here was the guilt. How...she had just more or less killed Auth. One of her friends. Cora wanted to strangle Renn for telling her the truth about everything so bluntly. Was she not...did she not deserve a bit of pity? She...Cora sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. Ouch. Was it broken? No. She just had a black eye and that hurt. That would also explain why she was unable to see out of it properly. Mh.

"Your in no condition for anything, by appearances. Not even in the condition for being you. In fact, youve barely been you at all, recently. I don't know who you are... but you're definitely not Cora.", Renn said.

She looked up towards him. Not...Cora? His words hurt. His first ones were already painful enough. But these just made everything so much worse.
Cora sighed and shook her head, water was dripping downwards. "Do you know what I-", she stopped and sighed, "You are probably one of the few understanding. Why did I even start like this...", she ruffled her hair with both hands, "No! No...I...I...Goddammit Renn! Yes I am giving up! Of course I would give up! Two of my friends died! Two! And...maybe those were the first friends I had!", she laughed coldly, "That part...you don't understand. I know how it is in the pack. No one has friends here. But...but I have. Had. No...", she looked down, "Everyone. Everyone you get attached with is going to die! And I knew that! I knew that! I did not listen! Two of them are dead. And the worst part is", she laughed coldly again, "I am seeing one of them! I see his ghost floating around. He is talking to me! For me! He is in my head. Again! Another one! What am I? A fucking apartment complex for personalities?", she turned towards him again, her voice now more or less shouting at him, "OF COURSE I CAN NOT LEAD THE PACK IF I CAN'T EVEN BE THE LEADER IN MY OWN HEAD!"
Her breathing was heavy and she just fell down on the ground.
"Why am I even complaining to you...it will just annoy you. I should not be your problem. You should just leave now, use the fact that my division will fall apart within time. My people anyway like you, it would not take much for them to switch over to yours.", she pulled her knees towards her body and rested her head on them, "For fuck's sake. You could just drown me right now, no one would suspect a thing. I had...I don't even know how much I drank today already, this is the second time I passed out. Atleast this time it was not directly in my own vomit.", she took one of the bottles and poured the rest of the alcohol away. He was right. Drinking did not make Auth alive again. It just killed her liver.
"Goddammit Renn...why does everyone I get close to die? What am I? Death's best friend?", she stopped talking, almost too sudden and stared at Renn, almost shocked, "Oh. Oh no. You will die too. You will die. No...Or...no...", Cora hid her head between her knees and dug her fingernails into her neck until it started bleeding.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 19/9/2018, 23:19

Without his facial expression changing, tears rolled down Renn's cheeks. What a harsh monologue.
He didn't want to believe Cora could be broken so easily because if she can, then surely... his sister...
He broke his thoughts by wiping his eyes with his arm.

"Damn it."
He then started chuckling which turned into a laugh the more he thought about Cora's speech in detail.
"Yes, of course. Of course I am going to die, Cora! I risk life almost every day! We all will die! Whether we're close to you or not! You're not some walking curse! I won't let you be one! Nor will I let you die!"

Huh. That last part wasn't planned. Well, he guesses he has to explain that now.
The Snake took a moment to calm down.
"How could I? You remind me so much of my one attachment. My sister. How could I kill my sister, let alone let her die?"

He paused, unsure if he should continue.
"That's why I don't want you broken. That's why I don't treat you as such. If you can break, then my sister can too. I don't want that for her... or for you."

König was never really a consoling person so his words came out blunt.
"Your friend died? One of many. Loads of people lost their friends in the fall of Trost. Loads of people lose their friends because of people like us. I'm sure you weren't the reason why your friends died. Like I said, their fates were probably sealed and you just so happened to know them at a time close to their ends."

Renn looked up at Cora shortly... now feeling like he betrayed her. It hurt, so he took a few steps away and turned his back towards her. He looked at the dawn soaked sky.
"I'm sorry."
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 19/9/2018, 23:51

Cora looked up and only saw Renn wiping his face with his arm. Was he? What. He started laughing. She was confused.

"Yes, of course. Of course I am going to die, Cora! I risk life almost every day! We all will die! Whether we're close to you or not! You're not some walking curse! I won't let you be one! Nor will I let you die!"

Not...she was, maybe she was not the cause for Auth's death today. Maybe she was not. Cora held on to that thought for as long as she could before he told her that he would not let her die. So no getting drowned in a river then? That was good. She smiled awkwardly, a subconcious reaction to not knowing how to react properly.

He then told her about his sister. Two things about that confused Cora even more. One: he had an attachment. Two: he had a sister. She had not known about that. The slow realization creeped up in her that she barely knew Renn. Nec was worried about that, Vex did not care and Cora was not sure about it.

Renn explained himself more and a few things became more clear for her. He then continued talking about her friends dying. He was right. There probably were only very few privileged people that could die due to old age or sickness instead of violence. This was not the right world for that. She herself should know, given how much violence and death she brought to others. Cora had to learn how to deal with it. Not her fault. Not her fault. Not her fault. She continued saying in her head. Renn stepped back and turned around.

"I am sorry"

Cora stood up and slowly walked next to him. She was not sure if she should do anything, so she just stared into the sky as well, breathing in the morning air.
She thought about what he said again, wondering if she should ask him about his sister, but she felt like saying anything right now would just be plain wrong.

Some time passed before she eventually decided on opening her mouth again.
"It was Auth. I lost Auth today."
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 20/9/2018, 00:11

Renn did well to hide his shock. What heavy news Cora had given to him. Now who was he supposed to use to becom-
Not the time for that. No. Be there for Cora, not for you.
But Auth? Had died? A strange but small feeling of relief entered Renn but that was overshadowed by the disappointment.
He had just started to like the vi Rauco. He had told Renn Cora was in trouble but also had helped to save her, which was risky.
He turned out to be the Black Crow.
He turned out to be the Black Crow?
Renn made a mental note to look into Auths life later when he could. Maybe he'd check through all the man's belongings. No, he'd definitely do that.
He had to focus himself once more on Cora, changing his gaze to her.

"I'm sorry to hear that."
The Snake's mind was telling him that he had hugged Cora too many times recently and doing it again would just be awkward... but it was the only action he knew that comforted people.
"Would... would you like a hug?"
König looked back up to the sky.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 20/9/2018, 11:43

Cora just went towards him and hugged him. He was warm. And she could use some now, after all she had been outside for quite some time basically not moving and her hair was now wet as well.
"Sorry for the hair.", she said quietly and pressed her face against his chest and wrapped her arms around him, hiding them beneath his coat.
"Auth died because he saved my life.", she sighed, "Thank you. For...getting me back on my feet. And for the hug.", she held him for a bit longer before letting him go.

Cora stretched her back muscles and looked at him, "I did not know you had a sister. We...don't know each other much apart from work, I guess.", she chuckled and went back towards the stream, she knelt next to it and splashed a bit more water in her face to wake up.
As she stood up she almost fell into the stream and stumbled away from it. Cora held onto Renn's shoulder for a bit before realizing it was him and not a tree and letting him go. She held her head and grunted.
"Don't drink Renn. It makes you weird.", she mustered him, "Do you even drink? I should get you to", she laughed, "I can probably outdrink all of the other Alphas...which does not necessarily speak for me. Still. It would be most entertaining.", she grinned, "Anyway, let's head back, I am freezing."
Cora crossed her arms to save a bit on warmth and slowly walked back. Even though walking was probably a nice way to put it. She stumbled or limped more than walk in a straight line.
Cora suddenly stopped and went towards a tree. It was an apple tree and she had decided that now was a good time to get breakfast. She jumped up and got two apples, she cleaned them with her shirt and then handed one to Renn.
"Where do you have the scar on your neck from?", she asked bluntly and looked at him wide eyed, curious to know about it.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 20/9/2018, 15:21

Renn chuckled a Cora's sudden change in attitude and followed shortly behind her.
He decided to answer all her remarks and questions from latest to oldest, making the conversation go backwards.

The Snake scratched at his neck scar as the female Alpha brought it up.
"This old thing? I got this from the pack, when I joined. I was acting obediently as a trainee to become favorable by the Alpha at that time. Nothing interesting."

Although he has told Cora about his sister... and how she was his only attachment, Renn decided to give Cora half the truth to keep secret just how attached he is to sister.
He was okay with giving his weakness to someone he trusts... but not okay with letting them know just how weak it makes him.
"Any other questions?"
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 7/10/2018, 00:56

Cora took a bite out of the apple she just got herself and slowly chewed on it. It tasted horrible. It had the right consitency and also looked rather
ripe but the taste? Gross. Maybe it was because she still had the taste of cheap alcohol in her mouth and that did not mix well. She was not sure.

Nevertheless she continued eating it, not really sure herself why she did so.
"Other questions?", she asked and thought about it before continueing to walk, "Not really. Or atleast not right now.", shortly after she had said that
she turned away and vomited out the apple and rest alcohol she had still had in her stomach. Cora spit into the grass and just continued making her way slowly but steadily back to the headquarters.

By the time they had arrived Cora was not able to feel her limbs anymore. The morning sun had warmed her up a bit but she had just spent a bit too much time outside. They made their way through the main entrance and into the mess hall. She left a trail of muddy foot print behind her as she stombled through the room and into the kitchen.
Cora went as straight as she could towards one of the ovens burning and stretched her hands out to warm them up.
"Damn. It's cold.", she said quietly and started staring into the flames.

They burned so nicely. Moving from side to side, up and down and eating anything in its way. After a while her mind just went blank and all she was concentrating on was the movement of the flames. It was nice to have a moment of peace within her rather active mind. Esspecially now, that she had another tenent. She was afraid of seeing Alan again. She did not need that, she did not need to see his ghost floating around her. It was enough that she was hearing people but suddenly seeing someone...that...that was not good. And...if she saw Alan now, would she start seeing Auth as well? She felt even more guilty for his death right now than she had for Alan's...or did she? Cora did not know. Alan's death hit her hard. It had been so sudden, unexpected. And...and she had fought him before. Their last moments together had been horrible. And now Auth? Auth got himself killed because...the thoughts in her mind did not vary much from each other. It was mostly the same. It was her fault, her fault alone. The hotness of the flames on her hands eventually pulled her out of her spiral of misery and she looked to Renn. If he would have said something in those few minutes she would not have heard hit.

Cora pulled her hands back and massaged them a bit to regain more feeling. "So Renn...do you want a drink?", she asked while already walking over towards where the alcohol was stored and getting out a bottle of whatever brew they had obtained from the scum of Krolva.

Oh crap. I just asked him that? Dammit.

Cora mentally facepalmed and froze in her movement. If she could not get a hold of her drinking problem now she atleast had to stop doing it in front of Renn. He did not seem that keen on finding her completly drunk before, so she heavily doubted that he would like seeing her get another drink now.
But why should she not? She just wanted to forget. She wanted to fog her mind completly, not remember anything of what had happened. Neither the deaths of her friends or the time she had spent in the cellar. And the fact that Layne had...mentioned it did not help either. But did this help? Of course it did not. It just made her unable to function as an Alpha. Or anything for that matter. How...but how could she just forget it? This helped! The alcohol helped! It made her black out for a few hours and afterwards...well the headaches were horendous...but atleast...atleast she would not have to face reality.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 9/10/2018, 15:23

Renn kept with Cora, following not too closely to give her space but close enough to keep watch on her. As the two made their way back to the headquarters, Cora took a bite out of the apple she obtained but was soon to spit it out and discard it, which earned no reply from Renn.

The Snake kept his silence once the pair of Alphas found their way to the mess hall and it still remained as Miss Wolf lost herself staring into the warm fire.
Renn was actually expecting her to intentionally burn herself in some way, the reason why was hidden to him but he still didn't like the thought. However, even with such expectation lingering in his mind, he didn't obtain a sense of urgency with it which made him question himself. Would he of just let her burn herself, then? Did he really not care as much as he thought? A slow shake of his head allowed the albino to clear his mind.

After a short while, Cora redirected herself and headed over to the alcohol storage before picking her self a drink quite quickly.
"So Renn...do you want a drink?"
The female Alpha asked and immediately stopped in her tracks after the words escaped her.
König scoffed at the sudden halt of movement.

"Oh please, the day I let the Pack see me drink will be the day I expect to die. Anyway, haven't you had enough drink already? I think a shower would do you better than that bottle you're holding right now, Cora. If I really must, I'll get one of your Betas to look after you and even assist you to make sure you don't hurt yourself or wander off."

Renn crossed his arms, staring at Cora. He didn't want to be too harsh, given her current state and mentality, however it would be wrong to say he wasn't disappointed.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 9/10/2018, 22:48

Renn's words hurt. Most certainly because they were the truth. Her drinking was too extensive in general and esspecially tonight she did indeed have way too much already. She slowly put the bottle down and sighed quietly.
Maybe it was only the alcohol that got her mad at Renn's words and behaviour. Maybe it was only that. But why did he even care? Should he not just use her? Take over her division eventually? This did not concern him! Her problems should not concern anyone apart from herself. He should stop caring otherwise he would just end up making the same mistakes that she did. And once he lost someone he cared about he would be devastated. Or go mad. Like Cora did. Oh well, she had already been mad before, but what did it matter? She just got madder and madder and madder. In some aspects it was entertaining, for example: She was never alone. But...that could also be one of the worst things.
Cora lifted her hand, it was trembling. From cold, lack of alcohol or anger she did not know. Maybe it was all three.
"Let's go.", Nec said calmly and Cora just nodded, not entirely aware of the conversation being outside of their head for once.

Cora turned around and started slouching towards the exit of the kitchen. As she was almost out she turned around, "I think I will manage on my own. And if I don't you will be the first to know about me killing myself.", she grunted quietly not entirely sure if he had heard and understood what she had said.
Cora nodded towards him and quickly made her way upwards. She did not have the nerve to deal with Renn right now. Or with anyone for that matter. She barely managed to deal with herselves. How should she talk with Renn right now? It had been rather obvious that he was incredibly disappointed in her behaviour and Cora did not want to either give him more reasons to be disappointed or start a fight with him about how she was actually not a disappointment right now and that she had everything under control. Because she did not. She had nothing under control. Nothing at all. Not her division, her coping with problems or her other personalities. And the latter were slowly making Cora break down even more. She could not and did not want to bear with any of them right now. Vex was his usual half cheerful murderous self while Alan...while Alan did not say anything but his silence alone made her feel the same way Renn had just made her feel.
Nec tried doing his best getting her to think about something else and started making plans on how to regain control and possibly more. Cora just agreed half assed to what he had suggested right now and promised him to follow through with it while actually not having any idea what he was talking about.

Cora quickly entered the bathroom and closed and locked the door. If Renn would not put his foot into it or anyhow stop her from closing it she would take a chair and put it under the door handle, ensuring that it could not be opened. No matter if the door would be open or closed she would start boiling some water and preparing a bath.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 31/10/2018, 22:30

Renn gave a safe waiting time before he decided to follow Cora down the hallways. He did such with a burning determination in his eyes, not trusting the way she joked about killing herself.

As he walked down the hallway, he recognized one of Cora's grunts from the time he was watching over her division.
The Snake stopped the soldier and barked at them, telling them to go and fetch Emma, the only female Beta Renn can remember Cora having, probably because of her different eye colours.
When the grunt questioned Renn's authority, König quickly convinced them with an elbow strike to their face. He was not in the mood for arguments.
After the soldier scuttled off to find Cora's Beta, Renn continued his way to follow said Alpha. Once he got to the bathroom door, he tried the handle to discover it would barely budge.
The Snake took the decision to leave matters as there are for now and try to find a solution to the new problem when Emma arrived.
He didn't have to wait long however as she made her presence known with his name.
"König!"

Hearing his name called out in desperation brought Renn to look for the source of the outcry. At first he noticed Emma, and her face looked as startled as her voice sounded. It was then that the heavy sound of running footsteps drew the Snake's attention to the person who was coming closer to him.
It was Driscoll, sprinting and in a tucked position. Renn only managed to let out a mumbled, "oh," before he was tackled through the locked and blocked door.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 1/11/2018, 01:01

Cora held her hand into the water, moving it from side to side, watching the way the water parted. Her mind switched mostly off, leaving her thoughts blank and entirely focused on the slight splashing noise and movement of the water. Even Nec and Vex were blocked out, stored somewhere in the back of her mind, tucked away. Or maybe it was Cora that was tucked away now? Like a child hiding under a blanket, a hopeless try to not having to face the monster awaiting in the dark.
The water was slowly rising, as if it was continuesly poured into the wooden bathtub. She undressed up to her underwear and sat next to the bathtub again, continueing the same movements as before.
The water slowly began to change colour as blood was pouring out from Cora's arteries. The level started rising until a red soup splashed onto the floor, making smaller puddles which slowly turned into bigger and bigger ones. Cora just watched it happen, her eyes followed the flow of the water until it had reached the door and sickered onto the hallway.

The muffled noises from before reached their normal volume again as the door suddenly crashed inside, with Renn lying on top of it. And on top of him Driscoll.
Cora stared at the two, the water had disappeared from the floor, the bathtub was only half filled and apart from the abrasions and black eye from before, Cora was not hurt either.

Driscoll had quite the good grip on Renn, strangling him and shouting words that Cora could not really tell apart. Her mind was still not fully in the present. Or simply intoxicated. Who knew at this point, really?

"HEY!", she just shouted at the two, Driscoll only noticed now that she had been there and let Renn go for a bit.
"I wanted to take a shower. In peace. Not pieces. Be quiet or leave. I have a headache.", the last words were mumbled and Cora, stood up and stared at them angrily.

Driscoll got up, a grin on his face, "You don't have a say in this right now. This is between me and him, and if you happen to be in the same room, then who cares.", he dusted himself off, "You can't fight me if you are sober, not even talking about this sorry excuse of an 'Alpha' that you are right now."

In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to attack him right now. But Cora could not have cared less. There was a reason some called alcohol 'liquid courage' after all. And given he had insulted her, she did the only sensible thing at that moment: She took the bucket of hot water standing next to her and poured it over him (and Renn, because they happened to be quite close together).

Driscoll stared at her in disbelief of what just had happened while Cora nodded in triumph, "You are wet. You should take a shower before you catch a cold.", she said.
As she was putting down the bucket, Driscoll took the few steps that had been between them, grabbed Cora by the shoulders and forced her head under water.
Cora's first instinct was to fight against it, but she did not. The same thoughts came up that she had had before. What did it matter? He was right. They both were right. Both Renn and Driscoll. Who was she even trying to lead a branch of the pack? She was useless. It went on and on and on, over and over again. To her it seemed like hours had passed and all she had done was listen to the same song until it was burned into her memory.
Cora took a deep breath. And accompaning the water entering her mouth, trachea and lungs was an immense burning pain. It filled her the same way the fluid did right now. She wanted to lift her head up, cough it out, make it stop. But the short resistance of Driscoll's hand stopped her in her tracks and up came the same thoughts as before. This was better. And suddenly the only thing that Cora could think of was the cellar. It pushed out all the other thoughts that she had, taking the upper hand. It was the same. It was the exact same. No. No. No. Not again. Not again! Her body and mind were frozen in shock and that was why she did not realize that Driscoll's hand on top of her head disappeared or that someone pulled her limp body out of the water.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 3/11/2018, 21:50

Landing on the broken wood from the door and the chair had definitely damaged Renn, which earned a smile from the albino Alpha. Unfortunately, the pain was enough to distract Renn long enough for Driscoll to follow up with a strong choke hold.

The Snake grabbed at Driscoll's wrist, trying to pry away the oafish Alpha's grip, which caused the brute of a man to bark at Renn.
"NOT SO STRONG NOW, ARE YOU!? IT'S NOT FUN WHEN THE OTHER GUY GETS THE SURPRISE ADVANTAGE, IS IT!?"

König was too busy trying to free himself from Driscoll's grip that he got really confused when Driscoll suddenly let go of him and got up, the Snake not noticing Cora until she poured hot water over the two Alphas that had crashed in.

"You are wet. You should take a shower before you catch a cold."
Renn chuckled at Cora's unhappy sass towards Driscoll.
The albino's chuckling was quickly cut off though as Driscoll had grabbed ahold of the female Alpha and held her head under the water, which König didn't hesitate to stop when he realized there wasn't much of a struggle.

The Snake jumped up to his feet and picked up the bucket Cora had emptied. With it, he charged at Driscoll and smashed the wooden container over the taller brute.
"Your enemy issssssss me, remember!?"

The strike on the Stohess Alpha made him stumble and fall to the ground for a short while, which Renn used such time to grab Cora out of the bath water and haul her over to the open door, dropping her outside the room.
"GET HER TO SSSSSOMEWHERE SAFE AND SSSSSORT HER OUT! SHE'S DRUNK AND HASSSSSS WOUNDS THAT NEED TENDING!"
Renn barked down the corridor at Emma, who was standing still since the fight broke out. The Beta did as she was told and when straight to Cora's side to help her Alpha out.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 3/11/2018, 22:46

For Cora the next few moments were blank. The panic caused by Driscoll pushing her head under water and said fluid filling her lungs had caused her to pass out. She did not know whether or not that was the same for Nec and Vex, but the moment she regained conciousness was when someone had hammered on her chest for long enough (maybe it was only once, it was not like Cora would have been able to tell) and she coughed up all the water.

Cora spat out some more water and slowly turned around to look at who was present in the room. Emma. Oh that was a pleasant surprise. Her Beta just nodded towards her, Cora shook her head. They understood each other without words.
In this case their conversation had been rather simple: "Notable injuries that need to be taken care of?"
"Nope. I am fine. Whoever told you that I had any was overreacting."
"I could have guessed, I can only see a black eye and other bruises."
"Exactly! My alcohol problem really makes me seem alot worse off than I am!"
"I know, but you should still get that in check, I won't be able to do my work under one of the other Alphas!"
"I know, I will work on it. I will go back to where I came from now, I feel fine again."

all said with a simple headnod and a few moments of staring. Marvelous. Cora did as she said and stood up, quickly walking back towards the bathroom. Emma had not really gotten her away far enough. Still, even if the Alpha had told her to not worry about her and just ignore her, Emma still followed Cora. After all, one of them was slightly drunk right now. Or...cut the slightly. Plain drunk.

Cora reentered the bathroom. Renn and Driscoll were sitting a good three meters apart from each other, breathing heavily and probably waiting for each other to attack again. She shook her head slightly and lifted the door back in place. Cora secured it as good as she could and then proceeded to walk past them back to where her bathtub was. She filled in another bucket standing next to it, tested the water with one of her hands and simply sat inside.
She sighed happily, closed her eyes briefly before looking at Renn and Driscoll, "You can take a bath too. There are more buckets getting heated up right now."
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top