Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Re-Ignite (Open to All)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re-Ignite (Open to All) - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-Ignite (Open to All)

Post by cornix 11/12/2018, 22:47

Rene suddenly seemed incredible interested in the pack, something Cora did not mind much, she liked telling people about it. If it was not for her inherent problems with it right now.
“What can you tell me about The Pack? You mentioned that they were a mercenary organization, and that they use modified 3DMG, but what do they do exactly? Are they only in Krolva? Are you their leader?”

She took a deep breath and sighed, "We well, as you said, we are mercenaries. Before we were doing the usual mercenary jobs. Bodyguarding here and there, guarding this and that safe house. Anything along the lines of that. What else? Well, now we got a contract with the king and we function as a seperate...military. We are basically off brand. Just better.", she continued to tell him about the branches, military, security, strategically leaving out those for assasination or recruiting kids, which mostly meant buying them, "We are in five districts, I am the leader of the Krolva one. So we have five leaders, we also call ourselves Alphas."

We have more like four leaders, you are useless.
Shut up.

Cora distracted herself by telling him a few bits and pieces more about everything. She was happy that Rene was so interested in all of it. He looked so...intruiged? But in a good way, not intimated...just geuinly interested in what she was doing. It made her feel worse, because right now she was a mere shadow of herself, completly different to how she had been before.
As she was done he excused himself quickly and went to get himself another glass of whisky. Or the like. However, while he was careful with placing the glass down he was not really that careful in standing up, given what he did to his sketchbook.
Cora valued privacy, of course she did. For one, she was a madman that did not necessarily want everyone to know about it and secondly: she did after all work for the king, privacy was important in that mileu. But...she still had a peek at the drawing. It was ain incredible good sketch of a titan with medium length hair some sort of...ooze was drooping out of his skin. Rene had written something next to it, but Cora could not really tell what was written there, it was upside down and the writing was not necessarily the prettiest.

The brief look at the drawing she had managed to get was enough to make her know who it was. He was merely called 'the red titan' and while Cora had not met him in his actual titanform she knew very well who he was. Auth's father Adar had died because of him. She wanted to grin remembering back to meeting the man behind the titan but kept herself from it. Instead she waited till Rene had taken his seat back.

"The red titan?", she asked, "Have you met him?", she moved closer to Rene, "He is quite the tale, is he not? With the blood oozing from his skin, boiling you alive if you get in contact with it...how it suprisingly enough still stays on the floor, even though usually parts of titans immediatly disappear. They are saying that he is living in an old abandoned castle and that it is one of the more creative ways to get yourself killed in this world.", she smiled at him and leaned back, "But that's just what I have heard."
cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprw201 29/12/2018, 00:05

Mercenary work… it terrified and excited René at the same time. When Cora mentioned bodyguarding, he couldn’t help but think back to Gabriel again. The poor man would probably never make it in an organization like The Pack. Honestly he doubted that he’d be suited for it too, given his nerves and tendency to overthink.  

When she mentioned that The Pack sort of functioned like a seperate military, his interest peaked. He didn’t know what he would do if he wasn’t in the military, but he wasn’t sure if not being a part of a military organization was right for him. The thought of… being a civilian… and not being able to help fight for humanity irked him, he couldn’t imagine trying to live a peaceful life within the walls. To ignore the monsters and constant threats just behind a wall. He snickered a little behind his hand when Cora said the leaders of the five districts in The Pack were called Alphas. It was very appropriate for the name, and it strangely suited someone with a last name like Wolf.

When he turned to go back to the booth, he noticed he sketchbook had fallen, and he stooped to pick it by one of the corners. It had landed face up on one of the pages, and he closed the book to hide his work. Rather ironic considering he wanted his work published for everyone to see one day.  “The red titan?” Cora’s question startled him, and he blushed a little, embarrassed that it had been recognized. She continued speaking, not seeming to take notice, at least he hoped she didn’t. “Have you met him? He is quite the tale, is he not? With the blood oozing from his skin, boiling you alive if you get in contact with it… how surprisingly enough stays on the floor, even though usually parts of titans immediately disappear. They are saying that he is living in an old abandoned castle and that it is one of the more creative ways to get yourself killed in this world. But that’s just what I have heard.”  

Cora smiled at him, and he grinned back, his eyes wild with fear and excitement. “It is the red titan. I’ve never met him before… only ever heard legends like you have. I haven’t heard about him living in a castle before… wouldn’t the whole thing be surrounded by blood? I’m surprised nobody has found him already! You’d think the heat from the blood would give his location away, though I guess it isn’t the best idea to go attacking something just because you know where it is. You have to know what it does.”  He laughed a little, realizing he might be rambling again. Embarrassing! “I’m scared to even face him. I have no idea what I’d do if I ever saw him…   probably something stupid. Or going into fight or flight response. I think I’d run away, even if it was my duty to fight. What do you think you’d do? ”  He was fidgeting with the leather strap that bound his journal, nervous about ever meeting the infamous titan. Secretly, he was beyond terrified and he knew that if he ever personally saw the red titan, he was sure to not come out in one piece. Worse case scenario, not even survive.

Thinking about titans and the military, he realized that he was practically defying death every day he was out on the field. Here he was, trying to kill monstrous beings almost 20 times the size he was, and he had a sword and gas tanks that let him fly. How he hadn’t died already he didn’t know. To anyone else in the bar, he probably looked like he had just seen a ghost, he felt a cold sweat begin to start on the back of his neck and he hoped Cora hadn’t noticed himself start to panic. Truly panic. This time his thoughts spun themselves in a circle, and all he could think about was his impending doom. And how he’d been lucky. How an aberrant hadn’t jumped from behind a tree or a building and snapped him up. How the walls hadn’t been destroyed further. How the titans hadn’t made it to the center yet. Once they did… who knows if humanity would even survive. Would he even be alive at this point? Would Cora be alive? Alan wasn’t even alive anymore and titans didn’t even kill him. Maybe the real danger was in the walls, there were limited spaces to hide from people, and many people had deep connections with each other, a network of informants to thwart feeble attempts to hide from humanity itself. Mercenaries, thieves, rouges, bandits. People. People everywhere were just trying to survive. Was he even helping them survive? How could they just live so simply? How was it so simple to forget that constant threat behind the walls? Why had he signed up for this job? Had he left anything important behind when he joined the Scouts? What if he ruined his childhood by running away? What if everything had been a setup by the government to get him to join the military? What if

What if
                         What if

What if                                  What if

What if                                 What if                                        

What if..
Sprw201
Sprw201

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 8
Intellect: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 4/1/2019, 00:43

Cora smiled at him, and he grinned back, his eyes wild with fear and excitement. “It is the red titan. I’ve never met him
Cora listened to Rene. He started babbling about the red titan, he seemed pretty excited about him, or Cora was just bad at telling how people felt about stuff. One or the other. Really.
His rambling amused her and she started smiling unwillingly the longer he talked about the red titan. Cora looked down at her fingers and scratched some dirt off of them. He eventually stopped and she sighed quietly.

"I'll be honest, for someone that is so enthusiastic about the titan the fact you have not heard that rumour already intruiges me. It also makes me happy cause I told you something new. About the blood though...", she leaned back, still busy cleaning her nails, "I think it does disappear after a short while? Just stays longer than usual."
Cora looked up again, thinking about his last question. "What I'd do? Face it. Of course.", she laughed and looked at the ceiling, "No, I am not sure. I would not be afraid...it depends on the pay...what happens if I fuck up and such. But maybe I would be-", she stopped as she looked at Rene, he seemed...off...really off.

His eyes were just staring onto the leather strap of his journal. As if he had seen a ghost or something. Cora raised her eyebrows and opened her mouth agan to finish talking but given that he did not seem to recover much she did not continue. Instead she leaned onto the table and put a hand on his hand.

"Hey. Rene. Are you alright? Has the alcohol gotten to your brains?", she chuckled.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprw201 7/1/2019, 17:17

A hand reached across the table, gently covering his own. He stopped fidgeting with the strap, but kept a hold on it. “Hey. René. Are you alright? Has the alcohol gotten to your brains?” He heard laughter. A woman’s voice, reaching out to him. Cora’s. He looked up, his eyes wide, chocolate irises swimming shakily in a white sea. He forced himself to meet her gaze. To look at that bruise from earlier, that was purpling magnificently. He mumbled to himself, feeling embarrassed that Cora should have to see him this way, “I wish it was alcohol that was the problem.” His eyes shifted away from her face, back at the table. He couldn’t help but feel guilty.

He was shaking, and he tried to hide it, but it must have been obvious to someone like Cora. Always thinking, perhaps thinking against herself. Maybe they had more in common than he thought. “How am I not dead already?” His voice cracked halfway through the word dead. “I…” He looked at Cora again. “I’m afraid.” He swallowed (he thought quite loudly but it could barely be heard from across the the table) the saliva pooling in his mouth and spoke again, trying his best to steady his voice. “I don’t… I don’t want to die.”

Step 1: Admitting your Fears.

The Hardest Step.
It felt more like he tripped forwards. He was hoping Cora would be able to catch him before his face skidded against the ground.

“I have no idea how I’ve survived this long… how…” he took a deep breath, trying to get a reign on his emotions. Emotions that no matter how hard he tried to ignore them in professional situations, were still there even if they were buried deep. “I can’t seem to figure out how I’m not dead already.” His voice was stoney this time, grim. He wanted to pull away from Cora, it wasn’t something he wanted to show her. It wasn’t something anyone had seen before. He mumbled again, “why did I chose this job when I’m scared of everything… shit..!”

Even though he had faced the first step, he couldn’t stop his heart from thudding in his ears. His other hand that wasn’t covered by Cora’s was under the table. It was clenched around his knee, his knuckles white stars from the grip. “And then… then you mentioned The Pack and I thought… why couldn’t other mercenary groups exist? What if the walls are just making things worse? I mean… if these mercenaries grew powerful enough… soon the last thing people will be worrying about is the titans, they’ll be so much more focused on avoiding gangs and criminals instead. Is that what it’s like now? Since the MPs don’t do anything, will they swap the branches around? The bold Survey Corps hunting renegades..?” He looked at her mournfully, “I don’t want to kill anyone.”

He waited for Cora to respond, but he was cursing himself. He shouldn’t force his own burdens on her, she’d already been through so much… he should be offering support to her.
“I’m really sorry for forcing this all on you… I just… tend to overthink sometimes…” He offered her a crooked smile in an attempt to choke his thoughts off. The torrent of questions had slowed, but he still felt attacked. He was attacking himself. What was wrong with him?
Sprw201
Sprw201

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 25/1/2019, 00:31

“I wish it was alcohol that was the problem.”
He was shaking, and he tried to hide it, but it must have been obvious to someone like Cora.
“How am I not dead already?” His voice cracked halfway through the word dead. “I…I’m afraid.”
“I don’t… I don’t want to die.”
“I have no idea how I’ve survived this long… how…” he took a deep breath, “I can’t seem to figure out how I’m not dead already.” His voice was stoney this time, grim.“why did I chose this job when I’m scared of everything… shit..!”
“And then… then you mentioned The Pack and I thought… why couldn’t other mercenary groups exist? What if the walls are just making things worse? I mean… if these mercenaries grew powerful enough… soon the last thing people will be worrying about is the titans, they’ll be so much more focused on avoiding gangs and criminals instead. Is that what it’s like now? Since the MPs don’t do anything, will they swap the branches around? The bold Survey Corps hunting renegades..?” He looked at her mournfully, “I don’t want to kill anyone.”
“I’m really sorry for forcing this all on you… I just… tend to overthink sometimes…” He offered her a crooked smile

Rene started speaking and to Cora's surprise it was not the alcohol. If she was to be fully honest, she would have wished it was the alcohol, given what he was telling her. She was everything but good at helping people, esspecially with things that she could not understand or relate to. However, she was still the Alpha of a mercenary group. With lots of soldiers and she somehow had managed to get those to do what she wanted as well...maybe...just maybe she would be able to do the same with Rene, even though she heavily doubted it.

Most normal people would have just calmed Rene down. Perhaps make a 'shush' sound, anything that a mother would do to a frightened child. They would perhaps take him in their arms, make them feel comforted, understood and cared for. However, Cora who had always been a bit special...and due to various reasons had more or less become incapable of normal human behaviour decided to take a different route. In her head she had kind of the same goals...
1. Calm Rene down
2. Talk him out of his weird panic attack thing
3. Build him up again

Initiate step number one. Cora stared at him, her eyes flaming, it would not be entirely clear if it was out of anger or something else.
"Rene! No. How can you talk like this!", her voice was surprisingly calm, completly contradicting her expression, "You won't die. Of course you won't die. As you said, you have survived for a long time already now!", she smiled as good as she could.
Step number two! "You are not dead already because you are capable. You have been working hard, you have survived the basic training, which does kill alot of people. And you have been a successful survey corps for a while! You are agile, you can easily excape a titan's fist! But more importantly: You are smart. Way more than I am. And so far what I have figured out is that often the reasons people manage to survive titans and other things is because they can outsmart their enemies. Of course, my attempt to just bash everyone's head in works too, but let's put it like this. I would not be a cripple if I had been a bit smarter. You on the other hand, your intellect gives you the ability to overcome your fears. You can think of ways to not die because of a titan, easily even. It is the way...less dangerous way than jsut trying to cut your way. That's why you have made it so long!"
Oh well, guess that was number three incorporated as well. Or did she skip number two? Cora was not sure, neither did she care. But Nec was disappointed that the numbers were not clearly seperated from each other.
However, Cora obviously did not want to talk about his conspiracy theories regarding mercenaries. SHe kept quiet about it, hopefully having deflected the discussion.
cornix
cornix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprw201 29/1/2019, 15:34

Cora’s expression betrayed her calm voice. “René! No. How can you talk like this! You won’t die. Of course you won't die. As you said, you have survived for a long time already now!” He was about to tell Cora that she didn’t really know him. That it was a miracle that he wasn’t dead and that everyone died eventually, but she kept speaking and prevented him from talking.

“You are not dead already because you are capable. You have been working hard, you have survived the basic training, which does kill a lot of people. And you have been a successful survey corps for a while! You are agile, you can easily escape a titan's fist! But more importantly: You are smart. Way more than I am. And so far what I have figured out is that often the reasons people manage to survive titans and other things is because they can outsmart their enemies. Of course, my attempt to just bash everyone's head in works too, but let's put it like this. I would not be a cripple if I had been a bit smarter. You on the other hand, your intellect gives you the ability to overcome your fears. You can think of ways to not die because of a titan, easily even. It is the way...less dangerous way than just trying to cut your way. That's why you have made it so long!"

“Cora… I…” His eyes welled with tears, and he quickly rubbed them away with his sleeve. What Cora was saying was true… he hadn’t realised it until she told him though. It was so obvious now that she said it… it was painfully aware to him. Basic training though… he hadn’t even thought about how many people had died. Ana and Winston would be furious with him… treating himself this way…

But they were dead. What did it matter?

“I have been working hard haven’t I…?” He felt his fingernails dig into his palm. “Cora you aren’t a cripple. Sure you rush into things… and I mean you have that whole thing with Nec and Vex going on but I don’t think that makes you a cripple…” He steadied himself, trying to digest the words he was going to say to her. “Truth to be told I never really knew what the definition of cripple was. And sure… you uh..” he cut himself off. It might not be best to mention her missing fingers judging on how she’d reacted to them earlier. “You’re still fighting too. We both are. For better or for worse am I right?” So many thoughts were still raging around his mind, like what he would do if Cora drew a knife on him again and if Alan would re-appear.

Crazy thoughts.
Improbable thoughts.
Ridiculous ideas.

Focus on the now.

All he wanted to do was submit to that dreadful feeling filling the pit of his stomach. It would be so much easier, but what Cora said helped him push back a little bit. The feeling that he wasn’t worth it was still there, nagging at the nape of his neck.

It was still there. And he wasn’t sure if ignoring it was the right decision, but for now… it seemed good. It seemed like the correct decision to make.

“Wanna get out of here?” The walls of the bar seemed encapsulating to an adventurous soul like René. It was true that although he was scared of sudden or new (or possible) things, he’d met most of the people in other branches by just having the courage to approach them.

Ana who had seemed like a smarty-pants know-it-all in their cadet trainee corps.
Winston who had felt the same way despite the fact that he looked more like a nerd than Ana did.
Cora and her elite group of mercenaries.
Alan and his crazy farfetched plans.
Mitsuo who had somehow agreed to review them.
Auth who had manipulated him.

He never regretted meeting any of them.
Sprw201
Sprw201

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top