Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Blood, Sweat and Metal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blood, Sweat and Metal Empty Blood, Sweat and Metal

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 8/5/2017, 15:24

"I'll be back in a bit," Arata called out to Mitsuo as he left the store.

As soon as his father left, Mitsuo entered the backroom workshop.
He took a blue print off of the pin board and lid out out flat on the center desk. He looked at it for a while, memorizing what materials he needed and how much he needed of each material.

He then walked over to a crate which was placed in the corner of the room and in front of some objects covered in a dirty white cloth.
Mitsuo hesitated as he looked at the cloth, 'In time... in time,' he thought to himself.

Mitsuo proceeded to pick up the crate and spilled it's contents on the work desk, a lot of heaps of scrap metal poured out and covered the desk.

It was time, he decided, to start work on the next 'joint'.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

Back to top Go down

Blood, Sweat and Metal Empty Re: Blood, Sweat and Metal

Post by Herdir 8/5/2017, 15:40

As Arata Shimura was something like thirty metres from the shop, Auth as quickly approaching it. Under normal circumstances, he'd have noticed Mitsuo's father with ease. In the current situation, though... things were different. Most noticeably the fact his pace was immensely too fast for any justified amount of being in a hurry. Regardless, in seconds, Auth was at the shop's door.

Which then he immediately slammed open.

It wasn't actually intentional. On the contrary, Auth didn't even notice the noise in his euphoria of entering. It then took him a split second to identify Mitsuo at the work desk, and then another one to slam the door back shut. Equally - if not more - loud as it was before. He still didn't notice it. Instead...

"MITSUO" Auth's tone was just barely short of yelling. "LOOK" He approached the desk very quickly, extremely enthusiastic about something. That something turned out to be a single piece of paper with written words on it. He proceeded to intently look at Mitsuo, expecting him to be as excited.

He obviously didn't think of the fact it would've taken Mitsuo at least a good five minutes to finish reading the very small, very dense print on the paper.

And, if anything, the way Auth looked and acted was... Un-Auth-ish. Much too happy for that.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 8/5/2017, 15:49

Mitsuo was startled by the front door slamming open.
He was even more startled to hear his name yelled at him.
What startled him the most, however, was that it was Auth that was yelling at him.

The fellow Green-cloak that had just entered the shop seemed... giddy?
The word didn't fit Auth but that was the only way to describe it.

"What is it?"
Mitsuo headed to the counter and looked at the paper.
It took him a while to read it but when he did, his face came more confused.

"I don't understand, what is it?"
Mitsuo was surprised he had to repeat his question, normally he'd know the answers to his questions.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 8/5/2017, 16:02

Auth blinked at Mitsuo. Did he just speak...? "I don't understand, what is it?" Oh. Well. From Mitsuo's tone, it was probably at least the second time he asked. Hopefully not more than that.

"Oh. Sorry." Auth was a bit more back to being himself, now that his enthusiasm was cut short a little bit. "Anyway..."

He took the paper back, and started pointing bits around it as he explained.

"I've taken to reading some of those age-old books in my basement recently, and came across this." Pointed at the word 'train'. "It certainly does not seem to be related to 'training', it's actually a device, as you probably read. From what I've understood of it, it's an immense hunk of steel on wheels."

Auth's tone was closer to his usual one, although he still seemed a bit too excited for all of that.

"It seemingly required a form of steel rail to run on, but if that's provided, it can get to being up to ten times faster than our poor horses with carts, and it weighs a lot more too. I mean, it's probably like a small house, from what I've understood. Imagine that hitting a titan dead-on..." Auth made a motion with his hand that looked as if he was throwing out something smashed to little bits.

"There's a bunch of other details I could gather in here, but I'll leave those to you. You're the mechanic, so it should make more sense than it does to me. The thing is, if what is there is true..." Auth put the paper back on Mituso's table, leaving it there. He proceeded to put both his hands on said table.

"That thing is an almost perfectly safe way to, well, anywhere. Within titan territory. All it takes is building those rails at night and..."

"You can go wherever you laid 'em, quickly and safely. Even Shinganshina." The madness from the funeral was back in Auth's eyes. It was obvious why the excitement.

"The question is, CAN YOU MAKE IT WORK?" Once again, almost yelling. And very, very excited about it. Auth seemed to have no doubts Mitsuo could, in fact, pull it off.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 9/5/2017, 19:14

Mitsuo closely listened to Auth's words.
A smile crept onto his face as he realized what he's been asked to do.

"I don't know if I can make it work," Mitsuo was serious, holding his chin as he thought for a moment before yelling, "BUT I CAN SURE AS HELL TRY!"

Mitsuo's smile appeared again as ideas ran through his head.
He looked Auth directly in the eye, "how secret do you want this to be? If not too secret then I could probably ask my dad to help but otherwise I can try and pull it off myself between... other... works."

This 'train' idea Auth was sharing with him seemed similar to his 'metal Titan' idea.

A lot of work would be needed.
A lot of time would be needed.
A lot of money would be needed.
A lot of materials would be needed.
This made Mitsuo giddy, he loved to work on projects that ended up being big and dangerous.
'Definitely more fun than modifying a 3DMG,' he thought.

He pulled out a blank blueprint, "So, what's the sketch?"
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 10/5/2017, 18:21

Auth's smile widened upon Mitsuo exclaiming he'll try. Once again, there wasn't a slither of doubt in Auth, despite what all of his logic was screaming.

First of all, though, secrecy. "Well, it's not like what we're doing should be in any way secret. I mean, even if someone is to want to destroy it mid-way..." An image of Severin flashed in Auth's mind. No. Severin wasn't against humanity... not yet, anyway. He was just a psychopath. "...it's not like it's terribly obvious what the hell a huge steel house is useful for. If you add the wheels at the very end, and make sure to just, you know, not tell anyone in full what it's supposed to do, we should be fine working in the full open."

Auth waited a second. "Actually, I probably will try and see if I can get military funding on this. After all, if it works, it's worth more than a hundred thousand blades." And would probably take as much in resources...

And then Mitsuo pulled the blueprint out. And asked for a sketch. Well.

"Um. I didn't actually find any in there, the book was on the one hand not about these things, and on another a pain to translate from whatever weirdass old language it was in." In all truth, Auth was reading the books more to train his mind around linguistics, codes, and the likewise, than about the actual content. "There are some descriptions of how it should look, albeit a bit vague." Pointed at paper. "In essence, it's literally a small house made of steel, on wheels, ran by a huge engine put inside the actual house. Given how rails look like, even if they should be wider for this thing, I assume it's longer than it is wide, like the carts we have our wall cannons on. As for how tall, I have no idea. You should see what's the best balance between stability and titan-smashing capability."

With that, Auth looked at Mitsuo intently. "You just tell me what you need, and I'll see if I can get it. I've free time to spend around, so I'll actually wait for you to make the rough estimate right now." Sudden pause. "Well, if you can do it now, of course. Otherwise, just send a letter to my mansion once you have it figured out. Don't forget to say how many extra men you may need to screw in bolts and nails and stuff."

//OOC: I've realized that people in the AoT universe actually do have experience with railing. As mentioned, it's the cannons on the walls. That means that the entire problem of 'how the bleep do you make rail-based wheels for heavy stuff' is already solved in-universe. Only leaves 'how do you make huge house on it', which is not too hard, and 'how do you put them rails on non-perfectly-flat and non-perfectly-rigid ground', which is a bit harder.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 23/5/2017, 16:26

Mitsuo thought for a moment.

"I know that I'm going to need a lot of metal... I reckon steel would be the best," he spoke and looked for a pencil.

As he found one he spoke again, "Steam would also be an ineffective fuel as it would be used up quickly... so I assume a coal powered engine should be used," he started drawing on the blueprint.

He smirked, "And as there's no sketch, I'll just have to make my own!"

He paused and looked at the paper Auth brought in, "do you mind if I keep this though? It might help give me ideas and support my theories of how I may get this to work."
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 24/5/2017, 15:30

Auth glanced around and spotted a chair, on which he promptly sat. After stretching a little bit, he answered Mitsuo's questions.

"About the paper, that's why I gave it to you. It's a copy of the noted I had originally taken, with everything put in one place, its express purpose being for your usage." Small break in talking, then continuation. "I already assumed you'd need industrial quantities of metal, so I've already sent word for arranging all of that to come your way. That being said, I presume you probably want the components already cast into the proper shapes. If you could compose a list of that in around two weeks' time...?"

Auth leaned back on the chair. Oh right, manpower. "Anyway, do you think you may need some space dedicated for building this monster? I can probably find somewhere with space for all sorts of auxiliary machines to build the thing with, so just say it. That, and if you need extra manpower."

"I'll doze off in here half an hour more or thereabouts, the trip to here was somewhat exhausting." After all, going all this way jut for this was quite something. Especially in the hurry that Auth came here in. "Tell me if I'm bothering in any way, all right?"
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 28/5/2017, 21:13

As Mitsuo was drawing the sketch, the door opened and the bell rang.

Arata walked in holding a tray with two mugs on it, "I'm back! I've also brought coffee!"

Mitsuo looked up with a disgusted expression on his face, "really? You know I don't drink that crap! Auth, do you drink coffee?"

Mitsuo's father then noticed Auth sitting on the chair from Mitsuo's directed question, "Ah! You've got work! What's the plans?"

Mitsuo returned to his drawing, "it's for a train-"

"-A training device, eh? Is it some new modified 3DMG of yours?"

"Well if you didn't interrupt I would've finished," Mitsuo sighed, "it's for a train. Like a cannon wagon but bigger, heavier and made entirely out of metal. It's some sort of transport."

"Oh? And how much are you charging for it?"
Arata did not seem like he was going to let up with the questions by the furrowing of his eyebrows.

The question Arata had just asked kept Mitsuo silently as he carried on drawing the sketch.

Arata seem to have realized something as a shocked expression appeared on his face, "please tell me you've discussed a price!?"

Mitsuo slammed the table, "NO! I HAVEN'T, DAD!"

No matter how recent his frustration may seem, the way Mitsuo expressed his anger showed that it must have been building it up for a while. Either that or it's a daily routine that happens between him and his elder.

"YOU DO NOT CHARGE TO SAVE HUMANITY! IF YOU DID IT WOULD COST A FORTUNE FOR EVERYONE! NOW COULD YOU PLEASE STOP ASKING THAT DAMN QUESTI-"

The older Shimura cut his son's rant short by gently patting him on the head and chuckled, "I see you still have your morals in check. Of course you're right and that's why I'm proud to call you my son."

Mitsuo merge of surprised and confused expression changed to a dead pan one, "You're weird... you know that?"

"I know," Arata grinned, similar to how Mitsuo would, "it runs in the family. Anyway, ya need help?"
Arata took a sip from his mug after setting down the tray on the counter.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 29/5/2017, 16:20

Auth blinked fast a few times at Arata Shimura entering the shop. Sure, he knew the man, but hadn't seen him this... energetic... before. Probably due to never seeing him during work time.

In any case, the discussion followed lightning quick, about payment. Mitsuo started yelling how such a thing would be preposterous, and Auth opened his mouth to explain he can get the payment for that, and that there's no problem.

He closed his mouth before any sound managed to come out, though, as Mitsuo's father praised the fellow for his strong morals. Huh. Morals, eh? Auth resisted the urge to shake his head. The fact he thought of giving the payment this quickly only went to show how much he cared for 'morals' in a situation like this. Being around politics 24/7 certainly wasn't good for your inner sense of justice, it seemed.

"Good day, sir." Auth and Arata had met before, if only due to Auth accompanying Adar while he went to make deals and the likewise. There was no need for introductions. "Also, Mitsuo, no, I don't drink coffee either. I'm a tea person, really."

With that, he leaned back on his chair. He wouldn't give it up easily, especially now that he's discovered just how tired he was. Well, it did you good to be euphoric every now and then, but rest was always needed too. Everything in moderation, after all.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 11/7/2017, 21:24

Mitsuo down his pencil .

"Finished already?"
His father spoke with a surprised tone.

"Somewhat," was Mitsuo's reply, "I don't know what the dimensions are though."

The young Shimura paused, taking a moment of what to say next.

"Dad, could you please find and sent out an isolated warehouse for me to build this thing in? Also I may need one of every tool we have to make it."

Arata sighed and waved off his son's words as he headed to leave the store, "yeah yeah, I'll get you what you want."

As Arata left Mitsuo turned towards Auth and have a loud cough to wake him.

"I'm also gonna need you to get a piece of teach that are used on the walls for the cannons, a supply of every peice of steel you can get ahold of and workers to start building a track for this thing and the most coal you can get ahold of."

Mitsuo seemed to have an idea as he quickly picked up his pencil and started jotting down notes.
"We also need a water supply for the train to cool down the engine."
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down