I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

cornix, Herdir, Mitsuo Shimura

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 78 on 10/8/2017, 03:59
Discord Button

Discord

Text is temporary until cornix designs a pretty button.

The Breaking Of Bread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Breaking Of Bread

Post by Alan Katlewande on 21/7/2017, 12:20

Alan annoyingly played with his scarf. He glanced at the door for a brief moment, back at the table, and then back at the door.
The Alter Furz was perfect for a night out, and tonight was no different. The restaurant offered warmth and shelter from the cold air outside, and the atmosphere was homely and charming. It was far from empty, but also not packed, and the people were just quietly enjoying their time there. Most citizens preferred restaurants with far more extravagant features and food, but The Alter Furz was more for the everyday man. Well, as much as a restaurant in the inner city could possibly be.

Alan has been nervously waiting by a large, round table for his friends for the past 10 minutes. Truth was, though, he was early by 15 minutes. He always found that being late was rude and unpleasant, and as a host it was simply unacceptable of him. On the table in front of him were a small, decorated jug of water and some bread in a basket, as well as cutlery. Alan grabbed the spoon and spun it between his fingers.
The truth was, it wasn't the matters of hosting a night out that made the young captain so nervous. He was just a little low on friends ever since he joined the Military, and ever since he was promoted to captain he hadn't had the chance to properly hang out with any of them. Alan feared to lose something he held so dear, and was even more afraid of doing or saying something wrong.

Alan went over in his mind over the occurrences each of his comrades had to face. Cora was neck-deep in mercenary work, even since she quit on the Military. Alan barely got to see her since then, and has been dying to. Not only to see how she is faring, but he had to know for himself how legitimate and legal her business was. He'd hate to be put in the scenario of having to arrest her for anything, so he wanted to tell her to steer clear from that.

Mitsuo has been in the attack on the mansion, of course. Alan had seen him a few times since then, but he never got to fully hear what he was working on. Last time they met, he mentioned something about a project with Auth? He needed to look into that.

And of course, there was Auth. Alan was truly worried about him. Ever since his father died, he hadn't been sad. Not truly. He had been driven, harder than ever, to fight the titans, to plot and plan and prepare. Alan was glad to see he was productive, but couldn't help but feel he was losing his own humanity by devoting his life to the destruction of titans. He wanted to check in on him, make sure he was okay.

They were not the only ones invited, however, Alan sent out a few letters, hoping they would reach their destination. He didn't know if Connor Graham had gotten his invitation, or Karl Hjort, or William... guess it was just William? Alan was never told the mysterious man's full name. Not that he knew him well at all. Still, there was something about him that was charming. Alan figured it was worth a shot to try to reach out to him, to see what he has been doing.

But for now, Alan was sitting at the table alone. The unicorn captain, solitary and snug in his own little world. He hoped he wouldn't have to spend much more time like this. Truth was, he was just feeling lonely.
Alan dropped the spoon.

Character sheet
Strength: 4
Agility: 3
Intellect: 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Breaking Of Bread

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 22/7/2017, 15:24

Mitsuo opened the door to the restaurant and walked in.
'Haven't been to a place like this in a while,' he mentally noted to himself.

He narrowed his eyes and scanned the interior. Everything was so neat and warm, a major contrast to the workshop.

Once Mitsuo spotted who he was looking for he relaxed, smiled and approached.
Reaching the table, he took a seat opposite from where his comrade was sitting.

"Hey," Mitsuo spoke with a wave, "Been waiting long?"
Mitsuo checked his pocket watch, 9 minutes early.

"Nice place you chose to meet up in," Mitsuo glanced around, "Haven't been to a place like this in ages!"

He narrowed his eyes in thought, 'The Alter Furz... Don't think I've ever been here before,
actually.'

Mitsuo took off his waistcoat and loosened his tie, "So... who else are we waiting for?"
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande on 23/7/2017, 12:01

Alan rose with an earnest smile when Mitsuo arrived, gesturing with his hand towards one of the seats. It was good to see his friend the mechanic again.
Early as well, noted the detective in Alan Likely work instincts - comes earlier to do the things he loves so he has more time doing them, and less time doing things he doesn't.
Without waiting for Mitsuo to say anything, Alan grabbed a glass and the jug of water, and filled a cup for the first guest. He handed him the glass and sat back down, looking intrigued as always.

When he was asked who else they have been waiting for, Alan smiled once again.
"The truth is, I don't know exactly." Alan said, chuckling slightly "I sent out quite a few letters of invitation to various people, but I don't know who is going to make it. Quite rude of them, to be honest. I would have sent a letter in return confirming my arrival." he sighed in a non-serious fashion.
"You needn't concern yourself with that. What is important is that you are here, and this place is lovely, and we're going to have ourselves a great dinner."

Alan did trouble himself with the invited, however. Maybe Mitsuo knew more than him regarding some of the people invited? Maybe he could tell Alan about these people whom he cared about.
"Say, Mitsuo," he began in a casual manner "You... you didn't happen to run into Connor recently, right?" he glanced nervously over at his friend. It wasn't like Alan routinely met with this trainee - in fact, their encounters were often quite random. Still, the young captain couldn't help but admire him a lot. Even as a trainee, he showed more character and skill than a lot of soldiers Alan knew.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 27/7/2017, 01:13

It was quite late already, the sun was very slowely setting. There were areas that still had the sun shining onto them, but the places that lied in the shadow of the wall did not.

Cora was sitting in a dark alley. Her arms were bleeding, cut open. She squinted at the enemy she defeated.

"You had some guts to attack me.", she whispered before stretching her arms out to grab him.

"Meow.", he just said and Cora stood up with her trophy. A small cat. She started petting him. It was more than just half against his will, but she had been persistent enough that he tired out.

"You see? I am not too bad!", she said happily and tried purring. Cora failed miserably. What a disappointment. She pressed the little cat against her and marched towards the restaurant. It had a weird name. Some part of her had the feeling that it was an intentionally bad translation into another language and the owner thought it meant something glorious, while it actually did not.

Something squeeked next to her and the cat in her arms scratched her lip open to get away. Cora did not intent to just let it go, but carefully placed it onto the ground. It hadn't even been a second before it disappeared.

She shook her head and entered the restaurant. It was a tad warmer inside than outside, obvious with all those people around. Cora went directly to Alan and Mitsuo.

"Hello there Alan! Long time no see! I last saw you on your funeral.", she stopped, "Adar's. Not yours. That would be weird. It would mean that I was mad.", she started laughing half seriously.

A huge grin appeared on her face and ripped the wound on her lip a bit more open. She licked the blood off and just continued talking.
"Did you already order something? I for one am very hungry. I kinda forgot to eat lunch. You know...being busy with...uhm. Sleeping actually.", she started humming happily, "I am sorry, I probably interupted your talking, I am just happy to see everyone here!"

And because you met a cat.
Shhh.
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 10 / 12 / 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir on 27/7/2017, 14:49

Auth was walking towards the meeting place with Alan, a low-class (well, as low class as a Mitras could have) restaurant. Well, at least that was good news, as it was unlikely for people to recognize him. Especially now, with all of his going to and from in this damn district.

He was currently somewhat of a walking zombie. He could boot up his brain and body and spring into action should it be required, but it would've had to be damn required. Despite what anyone would say, politics were not easy. You had to constantly keep in mind basically everything you knew about everyone around you, pretend to be friends with everybody, lie about everything, and be lied to about everything. At this point, Auth had seen it all, having recently had a conversation with a noble about the weather; they were actually throwing veiled threats at each other and were discussing getting support with contacting a number of more remote nobles. If you'd have explained the situation to a layman, he'd have called you mad.

And, if Auth were to be fair, that layman would've been so right with what he was saying.

Regardless, here he was, The Alter Furz. Classic Mitras, for names to be in all sorts of weird languages. Auth had no idea what this one meant, and really, it could have been almost anything. Not like anyone would be able to tell anyway. So... now to enter.

Auth got in, observed the table with Alan, Mitsuo and Cora, and went and promptly collapsed in a chair to it. Arms on the table, head on the arms, facing downwards. A slight memory reminded him how not-so-long-ago Mitsuo was in the same situation. Oh well.

"Nice to see you, guys. Sorry, I may not be too awake during this. Politics are hard."
Herdir

Character sheet
Agility: 8
Intellect: 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande on 28/7/2017, 13:04

Alan turned to look at the large figure who approached them. An uneasy smile crept up to his face when he saw Cora looming over Mitsuo and him. It wasn't that he wasn't glad to see her - in fact, he was thrilled. It was just those pesky wounds and cuts covering her exposed body. Even her mouth had been cut, and blood was gushing out as she young mercenary smiled.

Alan rose to greet the newcomer, with a look of special bewilderment on his face. Alan was a curious person, and his expression made him always look a tad surprised, but something about Cora always surpassed that, making him truly confused. He laughed awkwardly when she mentioned his funeral, remembering the absolutely terrible state he had been in during that time.

And speaking of terrible state...

Alan didn't recognize him at first, but as the young man slammed against their table, there was no doubt that Auth had joined too. He looked older than usual - and that was quite an achievement, considering how old Auth seemed compared to his actual age. Alan listened politely to the muffled voice of his friend's head being pressed against the table, and poured him a glass of water.

"Well, it's certainly good to see you could make it. It's equally pleasing to see you are... Well." Alan eyed his cut-ridden friend and the dead-eyed politician.
Alan poured a cup of water for Cora and handed it to her, smiling "How are you doing? You seem rather alive." Alan paused for a moment, seeming lost in thought, then continued "I am afraid we haven't ordered yet. Feel free to do so, if it pleases you."

Alan sat back, drinking in his surroundings, this sudden company of people he has not seen in a long time.
Cora felt slightly changed. She looked more or less the same, her hair slightly longer than Alan had last seen, and her voice more cheerful than before. Other than that, there hasn't been any physical change - meaning she still looked like she could go toe-to-toe with a raging bull.
Still, there was something that felt different. An underlying dangerous vibe. It felt as if Cora had gotten more control of her wild side, but at the same time that wild impulse only grew stronger. Like a domesticated wolf - in control, but savage nonetheless. Alan eyed her carefully. What could it mean?

His gaze shifted to Auth. He looked completely drained, but that was understandable. He has been seemingly working tirelessly on... Whatever it is he worked on. Politics, law, management, the young Vi Rauco had dabbed his hands in all of these fields. And yet, it was not that long ago that his father had died. Even then, Auth did not mourn. Not really. He was too dedicated, too driven by his cause.
All Alan could see was that it was self-destructive. Auth was slowly losing his own life for his various goals. He felt sorry for Auth, but didn't know how to help. Will there ever be a rest for the tortured soul of the young Vi Rauco?

Alan snapped back to reality. He blinked twice, then looked at his companion. "Sorry? What was that? I didn't quite catch that" the young captain smiled politely.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 28/7/2017, 21:48

"Unfortunately, I haven't seen or heard from Connor," Mitsuo spoke before taking a sip from his glass.
When Cora walked in he greeted her with a smile and a simple, "Hello."

And then Auth arrived, looking very tired and suddenly slumping onto the table.
Mitsuo chuckled, remembering an earlier experience where the roles were reversed.
Looking from Auth to Cora, the young Shimura hoped the later part of the experience didn't repeat itself.

Mitsuo set down his glass before he started speaking, "so, my question has somewhat been answered."

He took a piece of bread and took a bite.
"So what's the gossip for today then?"
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roland_Dervious on 28/7/2017, 22:42

Roland walked in with a neutral facial expression, looking at Mitsuo, Alan, Auth and Cora. He still had his ODM along with his leg harness' on, Along with what he wore. A light gray shirt, his male leggings on. He would ask Mitsuo, "Am I able to sit here?".

Last edited by Roland_Dervious on 31/7/2017, 22:22; edited 1 time in total

Roland_Dervious

Character sheet
Strength: 5
Intellect: 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 28/7/2017, 23:54

OOC: writing order: Alan, Mitsuo, Roland, Cornix, Herdir? Everyone alright with it?

Cora started slowly petting Auth's head. His hair was quite fluffy, not as much as the cat she had just met, but still fluffy. She stopped only to start it a minute later unconciously again.

"Connor, eh? Did not hear from him either...disappointing, really, he was a great guy. Is. I hope it's an 'is'. Would not want to lose him."

Cora started dazing off a bit. She thought about the cat for a second before remembering the rest of the day, she had talked here and there. Trying to find out places with homeless kids, she had actually found them. There were not too many, but seemingly they paired up and were almost stealing in organized groups. It seemed promising so far.

She talked to a few kids, talking was only possible after she had almost beat them up, and it turned out that they were actually interested. Some of them were already used to beatings from their fellow group members, so it would not come as a surprise.

Her thoughts started wandering even more until she got back to the cat and eventually got woken up by some more or less random military guy joining their table.

Cora was quite surprised as none of the group seemed to be an active soldier. Or...well...actually was not either. She just nodded to greet him and turned her head towards Alan, he invited them, he should say something. That's what she believed until she realized that she was still playing with Auth (OOC: only if your character did not do anything against it, obviously), he could say something too. It took her another second to notice that the new one was in fact asking Mitsuo. Cora got confused. She gave up. Someone else should say something.

cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roland_Dervious on 29/7/2017, 04:45

He would sit down instead, Not waiting for Mitsuo's answer. An MP would walk in putting his hand on Roland's shoulder while walking by.

Roland would respond with "Hey, Pony Bastard." the MP responded like a smartass with "Hey, Disease bird."

Roland in turn flicks the back of his head hard.

The MP decides to aim his Musket at Roland for doing so.

Roland would grab the barrel and pull it out of the MP's hands. Roland would also slap him with his own stock, knocking him back.

The MP responds with "What the fuck?! Little bitch! C'mer!" and chases Roland.

Roland sweeps his leg, holding him face down with his right arm around the MP's back responding with "I rarely even touched you. Calm yourself ass face." He'd sit back down, ending it there.

The MP says "Not bad for a suicidal maniac."

Roland_Dervious

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir on 29/7/2017, 11:48

//Roland, posting order. Try to wait until it's your turn to post, it's what we all do to make sure we can RP in a semi-organized manner.

Auth led himself be pet by Cora. He had absolutely zero reason to remotely try and stop her. He also kept his witty comment to himself, for once, as he really didn't want to be smacked instead. And given how his comment sounded like, he would've gotten that smack for sure.

As for the discussion, being in politics does weird stuff to you. As such, Auth understood the following from the discussion that was going on:
-Mitsuo was offering to trade information
-They were all tracking Connor down
-Cora wanted to kill Connor
It of course made no sense. Auth then reminded that no, he wasn't in a passive aggressive nobility environment, and that here people tended to mean what they actually said. Thus, he kept himself from making a similar comment back. Instead, he just sighed and enjoyed being pet more.

Until a new guy showed up. Auth got his head up a bit, to see whomever it was. Great, another Scout in half-uniform while having zero reason to be like that. He sighed.
"Does anyone know the new fellow? Does anyone know why he wears parts of the equipment?" Pause. "Does anyone know if he plans on ridiculous crap in the next five minutes?"

Well, it wasn't even five minutes, and he picked a fight with an MP. For having a hand on his shoulder, no less. Sigh, scouts these days. Maybe it was Auth that didn't get this new generation. He felt old now.

"Aaaaalan. Please arrest these guys or something, I've had enough of these know-it-all new scout generation we seem to be getting. Picking fights with a law official, and carrying weapons into public institutions. I promise I can help if they reeeeeally fight back, but I hope they won't."
Herdir

Character sheet
Intellect: 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande on 29/7/2017, 15:40

Alan grabbed his glass, sipping on the water as if it was some rich colorless wine. For people like Alan who did not consume alcohol, water in many ways was their wine.
"Gossip?" Alan asked, as he lowered his glass. "Why, I would say that YOU are the topic. You and Auth, that is. You said something about working together, right?"
Alan was curious to know motr about this project of theirs, but at the same time grew more worried about his friend. God knows how deep he has gotten with Auth, who knew pretty much all there was to know about him. Even without Auth, there was the Hydrargyrum whom Alan has constantly been training with, and they probably knew everything Auth didn't. Alan didn't like this puppet game. They were Auth's friends, not his tools. He seriously needed to talk to him some time about it.
Not now, of course. Auth had enough on the mind as it is.

Suddenly, an unknown scout asked if he may join their table. Alan was rather surprised by his brashness, but he wasn't one to refuse scouts, whom he had such respect for. He rose, smiling, and gestured with his hand towards a vacant chair.
Alan was about to ask for the scout's name, but almost as soon as he sat down, chaos ensued. First it was a hand on the shoulder, then name calling, and finally an all-out brawl. Alan sat quiet and uneasy, his face growing darker as he watched the fight. They were ruining his special night. He was almost fuming with anger. Still, he had enough composure to controll himself.

Auth said something about arresting the men. Alan truly considered it for a moment, but he wanted to hold what remained of his special night still intact. Alan rose and stared at the two, coldly.
"You two must be brave or stupid to start fighting in front of a Military Police captain. You are lucky I am feeling lenient right now. You will NOT attack your fellow soldier, and you will leave this restaurant, or you will face justice far harsher than my own."
The MP soldier got off the ground, and finally recognized Alan. The blood ran from his face. "Sorry, sir" he mumbled as he grabbed his gun and walked out of the restaurant.
All eyes were still on them, still silent. There was one more person. The crowd held their breath, waiting to see what happens next.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roland_Dervious on 30/7/2017, 19:25

"Oh, I didn't know you were a Captain of the Military Police." He'd speak to Alan in his usual tone. "We were just friends having a friendly spar, Not the ideal place to do it but, We don't see each other very often to be honest.". "I apologize for my actions which will probably get me into court or some crap." He didn't seem phased at all by the threat to be arrested, he'd look at Alan emotionless.

He sat down in his chair placing his chin down on the table. "I'm a Dumbass as you can tell.". He was about to say something dumb. "The underground district is a mess. Lots of people are dying down there, seems like the MP don't care about that place anymore." He was speaking in his usual tone still to the Captain of the MP. "And just a small thing, I caught a Private beating a homeless man. He literally only asked for some food and money to get on his feet." He'd dose off waiting for someone to speak besides him.

Roland_Dervious

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 30/7/2017, 19:42

Mitsuo was surprised at Alan saying the gossip surrounded him but before he could muster a response someone had asked the young Shimura for a seat.

Mitsuo looked at the newcomer and before he could say anything, the scout took a seat anyway.
’At least Alan got to greet him, I suppose,’ Mitsuo thought.

The mechanic was about to take another bite of bread when suddenly the quick fight played out. Mitsuo let out a frustrated sigh as his grip on the bread tightened.

Mitsuo had opened his mouth to speak but Alan beat him to it and the Captain managed to resolve the fight.
The mechanic glanced around, noticing some of the other diners staring at their table.

He slowly stood up and spoke to other tables, "sorry! Sorry! It was all a misunderstanding! They're friends!"

Mitsuo sat back down and glared at Roland, "you're damn right that this is not the ideal place to spar in! You could have just took it outside with him, you know."
Anger traced the young Shimura's voice.

Mitsuo took another bite of his bread but starting choking on the bite as soon as Roland called himself a dumbass.
'He's not wrong though,' Mitsuo commented in his head.

"Honestly, I'm not surprised the underground district is a mess. It's underground. Not surprised about that MP either, most of them are corrupt. However you do get a good pick of the bunch, like Alan here."

With one cough and a sip of his drink, Mitsuo decided to return to his earlier conversation.

"Now, what where you saying Alan? About how me and Auth are the center of the gossip?"
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix on 31/7/2017, 22:43

OOC: Roland, this is the last time I delete your post. We mentioned the posting order twice and I wrote you a PM about it. Please stop this, I explained why.

Cora stopped petting Auth's hair the moment the new one started a fight, but did not even think about taking her hand away. He started a fight. In a bar. With someone from the military police. With Alan around. Alan being a captain. Alan being well known as a captain. And Alan being a captain of the military police.

Alan said something about arresting them, she calmed down and started petting Auth again. Then the new one opened his mouth. He hit a nerve. He hit a nerve damn well. Cora accidentally pulled Auth's hair by clenching her hand, but stopped immediatly the moment she realized she was doing it. Cora slowly took her hand away and turned just as slowly into the direction of the new one.

She did not listen to anything that anyone from this point onwards said. Cora blinked, staring at the new one.

"Do you mind repeating what you said?", she said, a forced calm voice, it was obvious that she was really pulling herself together.

Cora really really wanted to give him time to answer her question. She really wanted to. She tried. And she would have. She would have if he would have phrased it differently. She would have if he would not have started a fight over something so stupid. She would have if this small phrasing of his would not have ruined her great day.

Cora stood up, leaning over him, he was more than a dwarf to her, even while sitting. She was barely breathing to control her anger a bit better.

"It will probably get me to court or some crap?", she mockingly mimiked his voice, making it sound more high pitched than it was, "To court or some crap?"

She smiled at him, Nec's usual cold smile. It was quite effective in this regard. Sometimes the other parts of her really worked well together.

"You are ridiculous. He put his hand on your shoulder. You beat him up for that.", she took a deep breath to stop herself from shouting at him, "Just for the way you are talking to Captain Katlewande here I would get you kicked out of the military."

She did not say another word, she was not part of the military anymore. There was no reason to educate him. On the other hand...he did not know that. Who knew how he would react to her?
cornix

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top