I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Yaoigalra

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 78 on 10/8/2017, 03:59
Discord Button

Discord

Text is temporary until cornix designs a pretty button.

Guard dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guard dogs

Post by cornix on 8/9/2017, 00:16

What a beautiful morning it was. Most of the ground was covered with fog, the early birds were already starting to chirp and a few bats could be seen returning to their homes. Ludwig threw the stump of his makeshift cigarette in the wet grass, it would not set anything on fire with this high humidity. He sighed and looked at the road again, it should be about time.

Cora would have enjoyed the beautiful sounds of such a beautiful morning if it was not for the heavy breathing of the horse between her legs. Rather annoying to be honest. She swore at herself for taking the slightly cheaper but older horse at the last station.

That to be said, it should not take her longer than 10 minutes now to reach the city if she continued in this speed. The horse would just need to cope with that. No way around it.

Ludwig’s line of thought was interupted by the sound of hooves on gravel. Finally. He had been standing here for quite some time now! He slowly walked towards the road and held Cora’s horse in place for her to jump off fast.

They just nodded at each other without any form of verbal greeting. They would have enough time to talk later on. While Ludwig brought the horse back to the stables, Cora was already on her way to Mitsuo’s warehouse.

The Shimura family needed a warehouse guarded and it was the pack’s job to take care of that. So far there had only been minor incidents of people getting a bit too close for any of the wolves’ tastes without them actually wanting to steal anything, but their persistence and willingness to hurt someone over small things had proven to be of worth. People had respect for them, out of fear obviously, but respect kept a good amount of nuisances away. The only problem were the organized criminals gaining an interest in the warehouse. If a group like the pack guarded it…it had to have some nice and valuable things in it, right?

There were obviously problems with it, not too many, but still. Apart from that, the guards were always up to date on groups wanting to break it. The pack had never been made out of 'white knights' that just kept to the legal side. They had their connections. Getting to know who planned on doing what was an easy task for them.

Cora walked towards the warehouse, as fast paced as always. She was pushing herself the same way she had pushed all the horses from Yarckel to Stohess. Yes, she had made a break in between somewhere in Mitras. It had only taken her a day to travel the last 140 km and she was quite proud of herself for that! Cora had switched horses every four to six hours which had given her quite the speed advantage. The problem was her just resting for three hours in the past 30.

She finally arrived at the warehouse. Neither of her guards apart from Ludwig were aware of her coming today. Cora sighed and went a bit back to find a well, she splashed some water in her face to get her half awake, covered the lower part of her face with a bandana and put a hood on. It should be fairly alright now. She looked shady enough.

Cora knew the area well enough to know all the ways to theoretically get into the warehouse. That was a huge advantage for her, that and the facts she had been in the warehouse and knew the plan of the guards. One was standing at the main entrance, changing places with another guard every fifteen minutes, while five were standing around the building outside. There were some more spread around, three being on the roofs (not just the one of the building itself) and some inside. The ones standing outside had a good distance to each other, always seeing atleast one of the other guards. Trying the main entrance was almost impossible and probably a death sentence given they had recently added a puppy, as Cora liked to call the 50kg beast of a dog. They were even more careful while switching shifts, not leaving anyone time to enter the building through one of the windows or the door.

She hid behind a cart, placed some meat on the ground and took a look at the main entrance. She quickly hushed to the side and waited. Cora threw a stone behind the cart she had waited behind before. The dog started growling, the guard scoffed and let the dog off the leash, constantly keeping an eye on him. He heard him eat and quickly went towards him.

Bad mistake. He left the gate unguarded for a few seconds, allowing Cora to get in. She would really need to have a good talk with him about this. Unacceptable. Once she was inside the building she just hid behind one of the crates and watched the guards do their job. The door opened again, the dog-guard from before was looking inside.

"Mortimer was eating something, I was not here for a few seconds, take a good look around.", he shouted, before going outside again.

Interesting. Cora quietly layed down on the floor. It was quite dark and she was not easily seen. The guard passing her did not notice her at first, but as he wanted to turn around he had a hand over his mouth, the other one on his neck. She pressed on the arteries directly, he passed out within a few seconds, loosing all strength to fight back or make a sound. She carefully placed him on the floor and waited for him to wake up.

He did quite quickly and wanted to shout, but Cora had taken her mask off. He turned pale and nodded, while she stood up again, took a random spanner lying around and climbed up to get out through one of the windows. She did not bother with getting out silently and just ran away. A guard behind her. She escaped him.

The 'dead' guard would notify the others of what had happened. They would continue doing their job until Cora would show up again eventually.
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 10 / 12 / 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guard dogs

Post by Mitsuo Shimura on 8/9/2017, 21:43

When noise started occurring around the warehouse, the two Shimuras looked up from their work.

"WOULD YOU KEEP IT DOWN!? IT'S HARD TO FOCUS!"
Arata shouted at the mercenaries guarding the warehouse. The elder Shimura was not happy that his son had asked for their services. He didn't easily trust those from dark alleyways.

"Calm down dad, I'm sure everything is fine," Mitsuo responded, grabbing the nearest spanner with a tight grip, "I'm sure everything is fine."

Mitsuo turned and called out to the nearest guard, "What's going on?"

"Someone snuck in. Nothing's been taken though and they left almost immediately."

"What does that mean?" Arata asked, turning to his son.

The young Shimura shrugged, "one more person knows that we're working on something."

A silence fell within the warehouse before Mitsuo spoke to his father once more.
"Whatever, let's get back to work."

Mitsuo put the spanner back down and returned to measuring the size of metal panels they would need for the train while Arata hammered heaps of scrap until they were fully flat pieces.
The two Shimuras were working hard, knowing this project will take time to be completed.
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix Yesterday at 21:49

Cora got herself something to eat before making her way back to Shimira’s warehouse. As she reached it, she had already finished eating. The look on her face was everything but happy. After all they had kind of failed in her eyes.

The man guarding the main entrance with Mortimer was already pale, but turned even paler the moment he saw Cora approach. He knew very well that he fucked up. Cora did not look at him and just marched in without him complaining. She would talk to him later on, he could wait.

With fast paced steps Cora went up to Mitsuo.

„Good morning, Mits! I am sorry for bashing in this early…also do not mind the way I look, I barely slept and…whatever.“, she gave him a second in which he could greet her, look at her, etc, before she just continued talking.

„I gave my guards a surprise visit. Let’s just say that one…one and a half particular individuals failed and I will just…give them some orders and a slight…beating for their incompetence. This will never happen again. Do not worry, noone peaked on what you are building, it was just me.“

She bowed slightly, grinned at Mitsuo and his father and shouted the poor bastards’ names.

„I will talk to you later, Mits.“

Cora went outside, in a back alley with both of them and Mortimer present.

„You first, you did less.“, she said to the one she made pass out, „Look around properly! Up! Down! Not just in front of you! You are a guard, you wanted this job! So do it properly! Dismissed.“

She went light on him, he did turn around after all, too bad that she was faster.

Cora already started shouting at the other guard before the previous one had left.

After alot of insulting and swearing she went closer, leaning to his ear.
„If this happens again.“, she lifted her knee and rammed it in his stomach. He coughed but stayed as quiet as possible.
„I will make Mortimer’s food out of you.“

She went away, not looking at him half kneeling on the floor.

„Mortimer! Come here!“, she shouted and went back in to Mitsuo.

„I will need to talk to my guards about all of this later today again, I will find some time unless you prefer me to talk to all of them individually?“
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 10 / 12 / 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top