Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

A.O.T 2 inspired Inventions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A.O.T 2 inspired Inventions Empty A.O.T 2 inspired Inventions

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 11/4/2018, 17:59

As you may or may not know, I've played A.O.T. 2 recently and because of character creation, the game has some sweet 3DMG alternatives.

The discussion I give to you is; should Mitsuo (or other mechanics) be allowed to make such alternatives as they have technically been approved in main-universe.

To give you an idea of what alternatives I am on about, I shall share a few examples in this post.

Chainsword:

Taser Blade:

Scythe:

Ceremonial Sword:
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

Back to top Go down

A.O.T 2 inspired Inventions Empty Re: A.O.T 2 inspired Inventions

Post by Herdir 11/4/2018, 18:01

CHAINSWOOOOOOOOOOORD
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuo Shimura 11/4/2018, 18:04

If this idea does pass and get approved, the names of the weapons will be their original names which are shown in the pictures.

Although this doesn't really mean anything to anyone and will probably be referred to as "chainsword" (and similar for the others) more.

Just a little side note.

[EDIT]: The weapons shown in the pictures do come with a little background information on them, be it relevant or not, so if anyone wants to read those then you'll have to ask for them and I'll include that elsewhere.
Mitsuo Shimura
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Intellect: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande 18/4/2018, 16:34

I'll comment on the matters of chainswords, because it's the most realistic-yet-out-there idea here:

Would it be possible to create a chainsword using the technology available in the AoT world? Absolutely. The first chainsaw ever made was a handsaw used to cut through bone, which used a turning handle as propulsion for the sawblades. Because the spinning mechanism of a chainsaw is extremely simple engine-wise, any gas-powered system could power them, albeit getting weaker over time due to the dropping gas pressure in the container. In fact, there are gas-powered chainsaws being used in our modern world. Cool!
So, converting a chainsaw to sword dimensions and using it like one is possible, yes.

However, the problem lies in practicality. Simply put, chainsaws make pretty awful weapons. They are heavy, require a power source, noisy, and dangerous to the wielder. Furthermore, because they are made of multiple parts and are intricately put together, after only one or two slices it is bound to malfunction due to stress and damage. That makes them an absolutely ineffective weapon, because swords are far easier to maintain and create. You might get an extra edge for a slice using a chainsword than a regular sword, but after one cut, you lose that advantage and are left with an oversized club.

Consider the chainsword idea debunked. Possible, but not practical in the slightest.

I won't even touch on the other weapons. Clearly impractical and/or impossible to create given the AoT universe available technology.
Alan Katlewande
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 9
Intellect: 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Becker 24/8/2019, 11:00

My favorite ones to use in that game are the Hellsage (Upgraded Gebrullesage/Chainsword) Yes they're impractical shitheaps but I love them.

Becker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum