Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Roland Dervious

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roland Dervious Empty Roland Dervious

Post by Roland_Dervious 25/7/2017, 23:33

Name: Roland Dervious

Group: Survey Corps

Appearance:
He stands at a height of 5'7 or 152.4cm. He usually has his Jacket, Cloak and Gray shirt on. When he relaxes he wears his Gray Shirt without his harness. His hair is a deep brown, almost mistaken for black. He has emerald green eyes, with small bits of Hazel shown. The hair he has is always swept to the Right. He has a Blue bandana, His favorite color woven by his mother before she died fighting in Shiganshina as a Garrison. She proudly had the rank of 'Captain'. His ODM is dirtied due to his time outside the walls, not being able to clean it due to his packed scheduled. His boots have faded to a black-ish color due to dragging his legs sometimes while on ODM.

Identity:
Roland does not know most of the people considering he is new, But he likes to get to know his comrades. He is an Ambivert, not too Extroverted and not too Introverted. Although he communicates easy with his comrades, he is the newest of the bunch. He is the brightest of the bunch. He is usually Kind unless someone pisses him off. He is the only one within the Survey Corps that didn't go there immediately, first in the Garrison. He did not like how the Garrison did things at that point so, he transferred to the Survey Corps. He knew he was leaving a lot behind, but he likes more of a challenge than anything. He is the third fastest currently within the Survey Corps, most of his comrades not being able to keep up. He has 5 solo titan kills and 2 assists. He is more of a medic than anything, with his extensive medical knowledge. He is a role-model to most cadets, keeping up his Titan Slaying skill and his Medical skill. He is hopeful inside, and wishes nothing more but to take down the walls, learn about the outside more. He likes to be kind to people, no matter how strange or weird they can be. When he is pissed, he acts on impulse most of the time while angry. Roland likes to be cautious, usually on expeditions and etc. He resists his anger when around the Military Police, thinking of them as little pony bastards. The reason why he hates the MP is that they killed his family for rebelling against the corrupt king.

What he is Good at:

-Killing titans
-Sleeping
-Eating
-Relaxing
-Planning
-Helping

What he is Bad at:

-Flirting
-Talking to Women (In General)
-Doing what is Wrong
-Fighting Shifters
-Watching Comrades Die
-Lying

Preferences:

-Dislikes: Idiots, Exaggerators, People taking all the credit from him
-Fears: Death, (Some) Shifters, Commanders
-Goal(s): To be the best soldier he could be, Trying to find a way to get out of the corrupt walls without getting murdered by titans.

Backstory: Roland was born 838 in Shiganshina, His family was military so he did not see his parents too much. His father was a proud scout, One day his parents got into an argument because the Mother did not want the Father to die in an expedition. They fought for years ignoring their son, until he snapped in 842, making them stop. His Mother called him a 'Disgrace' and said that he would need to get out of her sight. So he did, He lived with his father that was always there on his decisions. His father found a new wife, So they made a child which is his sister AKA 'Cecilia'. In 845 the titan duo with some known intelligence known as the 'Colossal Titan' and the 'Armored Titan' breached the walls, He ran to his house. It was crushed by a huge boulder, The wife was dead. He heard light sobbing from his sister. He picked up the piece of rubble as a titan approached, he grabbed his sister and ran with her. Roland ran into an alley, When he set her down, he finally noticed her eye was gone, hit by a piece of wood. He ripped a piece of his sleeve off, Wrapping her eye to hold back the blood. He said to her 'You run to the evacuation area, Soldiers will be waiting to put you onto the boat.' and Cecilia sobbed a 'No!', He shoved her to the gate, Distracting the titan that had been chasing them. A soldier successfully killed the titan until he noticed something... The Armored Titan. He darted for the gate seeing his father strike the hardened nape. His blades shattered, and the Armored Titan grabbed him crushing him. Roland ran to the gate with tears in his eyes. He grabbed Cecilia and ran with her, Darting to the boat he jumped across the gap. A man grabbed them into the boat. Before they knew it, The armored titan breached the gate all that was heard after was silence. The only thing hear able was the hiss from the Boat and the Armored Titan letting out steam. He sits in the corner of the boat, Evacuated to Trost. Later he moved with his little sister to the Karanes district where he joined the '107th Cadet Corps'. His sister still loving and caring like usual resides in Karanes. Before the Shiganshina breach, all of his Cousins, Aunts and Uncles rebelled against the King fueling his hatred for MP following his order. Before Roland transferred into the Survey Corps, he was in the Garrison. The Garrison he though of as, weak, for the reason that they would basically only drink all day. He walked into the Commanders' office one day, Asking if he could change branches. The Commander heard him out for his reason, letting him transfer into the Survey Corps. He transferred into the Survey Corps by participating in a training, on average on the titan dummies he got 10 in 30 seconds. His first couple of missions in the Survey Corps included assisting the Research Team with capturing a few titans. He also was forced by himself to engage titans that have grabbed other soldiers, cutting off the arm then straight for the nape 3 times. His first impressions were good. They included, Excitement which on his part he did not get in the Garrison, and being Scared for his first missions.

Stats:

Strength: 5/20
Agility: 8/20
Intellect: 9/20

Last edited by Roland_Dervious on 27/7/2017, 19:58; edited 12 times in total

Roland_Dervious

Character sheet
Strength: 5
Agility: 8
Intellect: 9

Back to top Go down

Roland Dervious Empty Re: Roland Dervious

Post by cornix 26/7/2017, 00:35

First of all: Welcome to the forum!

I looked over your character and before you finish it, as parts are obviously still missing, you still need to change a few things about what you have so far.

About your rank: on our forum there is no 'private first class' rank. The official plot thread mentions only these possibilities as ranks:
Captain , Squad/Brigade leader, Team/Regiment leader, Soldier

About the backstory:
1. To please everyone reading your backstory I beseech you to keep the tenses consistent and the first letter of words after a comma small.

2. There is no 'shifting duo', both titans are simply known as titans in our universe (for more information on how our universe is build: Official plot page )

About the stats: Despite the usual: our stats end at 20 and not at 10. The available stats you are allowed to distribute without any further information on why your stats are this high is 22, you are at 25. If you can explain in detail why your character earned himself three more points you will be allowed to.

cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Roland_Dervious 26/7/2017, 22:41

cornix wrote:First of all: Welcome to the forum!

I looked over your character and before you finish it, as parts are obviously still missing, you still need to change a few things about what you have so far.

About your rank: on our forum there is no 'private first class' rank. The official plot thread mentions only these possibilities as ranks:
Captain , Squad/Brigade leader, Team/Regiment leader, Soldier

About the backstory:
1. To please everyone reading your backstory I beseech you to keep the tenses consistent and the first letter of words after a comma small.

2. There is no 'shifting duo', both titans are simply known as titans in our universe (for more information on how our universe is build: Official plot page )

About the stats: Despite the usual: our stats end at 20 and not at 10. The available stats you are allowed to distribute without any further information on why your stats are this high is 22, you are at 25. If you can explain in detail why your character earned himself three more points you will be allowed to.

Thank you for responding. I like that you have given me help, like most Forum RP's I have been to do not. I am sorry for the little mix-up, I am still new to forum rp. I hope you understand.

Roland_Dervious

Character sheet
Strength: 5
Agility: 8
Intellect: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 27/7/2017, 00:27

It is no problem at all if you mix things up! We all do that! I am sorry if I seem passive aggressive, I really do not mean to seem that way.

There are only a few little things left. Most of what you wrote in identity is actually still backstory, you might just want to add that to the end of your backstory and instead write more about your character.

You said that you are new to roleplaying and I get your struggle with not really knowing what to write in 'identity'. It's not the easiest. So here are a few tips.

Who is your character based on? My characters are almost exclusively based on me and very close to my actual personality. Your character might be based on a better or well...in AOT version of yourself. What you would like to be able to do there. Try understanding that character. Explain how he reacts around his friends, enemies, people he pretends to like but actually does not. How does Roland react if someone mentions his familiy? How does he react if someone is just a huge asshole? Does he beat him up immediatly? Does he just walk away?
Try imagining these roleplaying situations and think about how you would want to make your character react to them.

Then, as in the character sheet as well: what is Roland good at? Is he like Levi and loves cleaning and tidying up? Or does he like cooking? Is he more the messy type? Does he have a not understandable fear of mice? If yes how does he react then?

Try making your character round, well fleshed out. Use your backstory to understand yourself how he would think. It will help.

Two things left:

I have not a single idea if it is possible to change military branches to be honest. I somehow doubt it as survey corps members might just switch out of it and to garrison...but hey. If you can come up with a good enough reason (for example: I knew someone! (just elaborate on that) or...uhm...well something else) I will discuss it with Herdir and we can see about if we can get that part going.

The last thing...about those titan kills. Levi, who is considered the best of the best has a total of 34 confirmed kills. I think you will understand what I mean. I mean...on the forum we are a bit friendlier with all of this and we do have some people that have a few titan kills. As far as my knowledge goes there is noone over 10 though. Or even over 7. We still would want to keep it more close to the actual universe.

I will reply to your titan seperately
cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 27/7/2017, 15:02

Popping in to say that yes, changing branches should be allowed. I mean, really, why would it not?

It'd probably not be usual and take some legal proceedings (and some angry superiors in the branch being left, plus some happy ones in the branch being joined), but it should be possible. Detail some of that stuff in the backstory! It'll improve the character!

Also, yeah, I think Auth with 7 kills is the highest we have currently, and I think he's also the one who's been the most in the Survey Corps, forum-wide (4 entire years).

That was all, leaving the rest of this to cornix.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 27/7/2017, 23:53

APPROVED.
cornix
cornix