Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED) Empty Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED)

Post by Alan Katlewande 10/4/2017, 00:31

Heya. This may sound ridiculous, but hear me out-
I have this pretty crazy idea for character development for Alan. It involves basically creating two RP posts, both of them being completely solo.
I know it kind of defeats the whole point of an RP forum, if one RPs alone, but it's just some things that need to be addressed and don't really have any connection to any other characters in a way that make sense to me.
Furthermore, as if it wasn't crazy enough, I wish to have Alan promoted (Through one of these solo RPs) into a captain in the ranks of the Military Police. A promotion like this is mostly honourary and basically exists only so Alan does not have to work under/with crooked people in the Military Police, and also so he works directly under the Military Police commander Nile Dok. This is more of a move made by the two of them to isolate Alan for the rest of the Military Police.
As stated, one of the RPs deals with Alan, Nile Dok and promotion. In it, Alan is faced with the consequences of his failed mission during the Of Death night, letting his captain die in the process. He is interrogated by the Military Police and, eventually, comes face to face with Nile Dok.
The other RP deals with homecoming - Alan, promoted and healed, returns to his hometown in the poor outer districts, being faced with guilt and dilemma over getting into risky situations despite it being against his mother's wishes. There, he discovers that his mother has been dead for a while and has to confront his siblings and deal with them.

I know this is all insane, but I really feel that it's something Alan should go through and is important for his character development. I have more details to reveal if needed - far more, but I rather not do so in such a public place, as to not spoil all the fun Smile
Alan Katlewande
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 9
Intellect: 7

Back to top Go down

Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED) Empty Re: Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED)

Post by Herdir 10/4/2017, 13:48

First of all:

Go for it. Seriously. Go for it.
I'm all for solo-rping if it makes sense, and it makes for really great character progression to. After all, as you said it, no other character is involved, and forcibly involving someone would make it pointlessly tedious.

Then, I'd actually prefer if me or Sev (your choice) will RP Nile Dok for you. The main reason for that is that good ol' Nile was one of the guys that made Sev into the psychotic murderer he is, and he is perfectly aware of a lot more than anyone else (except the late Adar). Which is why your promotion, coming from such a direct encounter with pretty much his own creation, will tend to play out differently than you'd expect.

For him and his hometown, well, that will indeed be yours alone.

That being said, I think asking people to RP NPCs (especially as in the case of Nile, NPCs related more to their characters than yours) is the more fun way to go. It won't make stuff pointless, and will also assure you're not 100% in your full-control-over-story comfort zone. Win-win, if you ask me. But in the end it's up to you.

Also, I'm considering something rather fun to do to Alan in the funeral thread. It may or may not change your opinions, especially about that promotion.

Anyway, do inform me/us all on your intent and choice regarding the NPC-control.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED) Empty Re: Stupid character progression for Alan (APPROVED)

Post by Alan Katlewande 10/4/2017, 17:16

First of all, let me thank you for your quick response.
Let me start by saying that for now I'll put the creation of these RPs on hold until I see what develops in the funeral thread. That is, of course, unless you want to tell me (Here or PM, whichever you prefer) what idea you're toying with. I'm all ears.
Regarding other people in the thread - I am absolutely for someone else RPing Nile Dok, especially on the basis of the points you've raised. I'm relatively indifferent to who RPs him. I am currently in a situation where I have relatively free time until the upcoming Sunday, from which I'll be hella busy like always. This means either we will start and finish this thread during this week, or it'll be a slow and painful process once I return to my busy norm.
If you or Nerd feel up to the task of trying to marathon this thread this week, then that's awesome. If not, that's also fine.
Right now I'm leaning more towards RPing with Nerd, really just because he has no current thread running and I want to RP with him Smile. Still, if he rather not, I'm just as happy to do it with you.
Whoever does end up playing Nile, I'll PM them and basically explain what I have planned in terms of story, or general plot for the thread. It can be changed/twisted by them if they see fit, but it should be a general guideline.

Regarding the other thread, the homecoming one, I can honestly say this one pretty much has to be a solo RP. All the characters that are involved in the story are deeply connected to Alan, and therefore I feel that only I can do them justice in terms of RP, especially since they haven't showed up anywhere else before.

Please tell me what are your intentions regarding the funeral thread (Or not, if you wish to keep it from me), so I can responsibly plan the upcoming threads I mentioned.
I'll also PM Nerd to ask him about playing Nile Dok.
Thanks again for your quick response!
Alan Katlewande
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 9
Intellect: 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 10/4/2017, 19:40

I've already talked to Nerd about Nile Dok, he's chill with it from what I've seen. Do get in touch with him personally though, and plot out the whole thing, it simply makes sense.

As for the ideas I'm toying with, you have no idea. And, to be fair, won't have any idea until it hit you; I value the surprise element and shock a bit too much to reveal... well... to reveal anything.

Sorry for the brief reply, busy with life.

Best of luck in your endeavor!

IDEA OFFICIALLY APPROVED
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top