Attack on Titan RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 410 on 7/5/2021, 07:06

About Blaine (APPROVED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Blaine (APPROVED) Empty About Blaine (APPROVED)

Post by Safer Sephiroth 28/4/2017, 02:48

Safer sought out to get taught on how to use the Survey Corps gear they use for combat before here he even got into the Military. He wanted to come into the force already knowing how to handle the 3DMG gear and swords. So, he went outside committed to finding someone in the Survey Corps that would secretly teach him how their gear is supposed to be used. Safer found Blaine walking towards the Military headquarters and begin talking to him for a bit as he agreed to train Safer behind the Survey Corps back.

It was never Blaine's intention to be helping out some stranger with this but he saw greatness in Safer which he planned to use to his own advantage. Blaine wanted to teach Safer his own combat strategies until Safer was as good as him at fighting against titans. He knew he'd have to keep this whole thing a secret though so they both keep it between themselves. Blaine had a plan, in the long run, to make his own Survey Corps squad with Safer as the captain and Blaine himself as the Commander.

Safer doesn't know yet that Blaine want's to make his own personal squad of Survey Corps members and have him in it.
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet
Strength: 5
Agility: 14
Intellect: 5

Back to top Go down

About Blaine (APPROVED) Empty Re: About Blaine (APPROVED)

Post by Herdir 28/4/2017, 12:41

The only logical flaw I see here is still why would Blaine train Safer without indoctrination. That is to say, if you pick a newbie to train so that you convert him to your cause (especially a cause as heretical as Blaine's), you make completely sure that with training comes indoctrination, and that the more powerful the guy becomes, the more attached to your ideals he becomes. If at any point he seems to not like/follow your ideas, you just lure him in a 'training' outside the walls, murder him, then leave him for the titans.

Nobody will question anything, it'll just seem like the guy got too reckless and died.

Doing it in any other way is simply counter-intuitive; it's literally training your future enemy, which no smart person would do (unless they're crazy enough to want a 'challenge', but Blaine has more than enough of a 'challenge' already).

(and let me just warn you: Blaine's actual backstory differs greatly from what you think it is. I will not reveal anything, but don't be shocked when you find out various truths. That being said, nothing directly contradicts what you wrote either.)

(also, not 'own Survey Corps squad'. If you say that Blaine wants to be Commander, then you talk of the entirety of the Survey Corps as a whole. Just thought I'd point it out, it's nothing major though.)

Besides, I was under the impression Safer's father already taught him how to use 3DMG...? (minor nitpick: 3DMG - 3-Dimensional Maneuver Gear; Saying 3DMG gear is saying '3-Dimensional Maneuver Gear gear')
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet
Strength: 17
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Safer Sephiroth 28/4/2017, 16:43

Well, it's hard to write about something when Blaine's whole back story is hidden from me. I won't be able to give out 100% correct information matching up to what you guys have for his bio/backstory. So sorry if it's not making any sense. I tried my best to explain as to why they meet each other.
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cornix 28/4/2017, 19:05

To start this whole thing both Herdir and I feel quite bad about always saying no, or well tending towards no (we did not say no to anything yet).
We will accept your character having been taught by a member of Blaine's group, but not by the leader, if you still give a good reason as for why they would have chosen Safer. You do not need to know the intentions of the group for that (the group does not have any intention that would make Safer in particular stand out more than other characters).
There is nothing unique about Safer that makes him a point of interest for the group; in other words: the group won't approach Safer just because he is Safer. So you will need to find a reason as for why they would approach him.

To give you some examples, I'll just give a few hypothetical reasons why the group would approach Cora for the same thing (Not that it happened!):
1. She got kicked out of the military and was quite mad at them for doing that, she would have been easier to convince to fight for a different cause
2. She is the leader of a mercenary group, convincing her would mean getting more than just one new person
3. Her mental condition makes her unstable and she might be easier to convince than other people

Obviously none of those would work for Safer, as they are based on Cora's backstory. You should find reasons in your own backstory (better than just 'they saw he was skilled' as that would apply for almost any character in here) as for why they would choose him. Don't just add things, connect them together, it will help give your character depth.

Good luck!
cornix
cornix

Character sheet
Strength: 6 / 5 /10
Agility: 13 / 8 / 12
Intellect: 6 / 12 / 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande 29/4/2017, 02:00

TBH it may be a bit difficult to find a reasonable explanation for someone in Blaine's group to train Safer. Is it truly that important? It would be far easier to explain if it were someone else from the scouts, one who appreciated young Safer's motivation and determination.

By the way, I think if anything stands out about Safer, it's probably those traits - his motivation to learn and to train, his will to fight titans, and his determination to do what is necessary to make that happen. If you want to explain why someone chose Safer over anyone else, this would be a pretty decent reason.

Hope anything I said helped!
Alan Katlewande
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 9
Intellect: 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Safer Sephiroth 29/4/2017, 02:52

In Safer's character application, Lucifer Kalzago is mentioned as another Survey Corps member who's his friend and has been since they were younger growing up together. Things weren't always rainbows and lollypops for the two though. They would get bullied by other bigger kids in the local neighborhood but one person helped them out... Someone from Blaine's group of acquaintances. That one person is unknown as of now but we do know that person did that because Safer and Lucifer will have to owe him a favor of some kind so he used that to his own advantage to get Safer into their group.

Later on, Safer would keep in somewhat contact with this person but Lucifer totally forgot all about him for some odd reason. Tee Sephiroth, Safer's dad had actually been concerned about those two hanging out together because he overheard Blaine talking about his evil scheme to secretly go against their own society as a strong force: Survey Corps so they could use gear such as 3DMG and swords. Survey Corps members were also dedicated to serving for justice so it was quite wise to choose such a career as no one would ever suspect such a thing. Tee began to warn Safer about Blaine and his pure intentions with him but Safer ignored the warning.

The person who saved Lucifer and Safer from getting bullied has brought Safer to Blaine to get them to get acquainted with each other. Blaine needed to get Safer to trust him... By the first look at Safer, Blaine wasn't very sure he was quite fit for the plan but he then told him to show him his skills in combat. Of course, they talked for a bit before that but after all of that happened Blaine noticed Safer is trustworthy about keeping secrets and has strong intentions about killing titans so he tends to use him and his skills against his foolish self. The other person was simply promising Safer that their group of people is going to be the front line in outside missions so of course, Safer being the hero type of guy he is, he really wanted that so he agreed to it and whatever Blaine had planned.

So, once again these are the four reasons as for why Blaine want's to have Safer involved in his little scheme of his.

1. Safer want's to be the hero in the front lines and can't when he's controlled by other higher ranks so one of Blaine's friend's promises he can make that happen as long as he's in their group.

2. Safer like's to fight and kill titans almost obsessed just like Blaine is with them.
(Common things)

3. Safer think's of Blaine as a great role model because he's older, faster, stronger and etc. It's likely he want's to follow in his footsteps.

4. Safer feels more likely not to die in battle or even when he's just around Blaine and his group of higher skilled fighters.

OCC: I tried my best with this. If you don't like it then I don't know what to tell you. I tried making it as logical and sensible as possible.
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 29/4/2017, 16:28

First of all, this is precisely why I did not want to just say 'no', and instead opted to offer you the chance to explain yourself. It took being quite harsh (I still feel like I'm the fun police around here, but eh.), but you've finally come up with a proper enough explanation.

Seriously.

Read this one, then re-read the one you wrote at the very beginning of this thread. I'm sure you'll be immediately able to tell the differences.

In any case, there's only one more thing that I need to state before I approve of everything:

-> At some moment in time (quite recently), Blaine and everyone affiliated with him have suddenly started acting as if they do not know Safer. They do not approach him any longer, nor do they answer if he tries to approach them (they just leave off a generic 'who are you?' response). Safer does not know the reason why any of this is happening.

This is the most compromise I am willing to accept. It is not open to negotiation. If you agree to it, then I'll confirm the idea officially and we can go on with it. If you do not, I am sorry, but I will be forced to decline it in its entirety.

(If you wish, you could also go by what Alan said, but I doubt you want to. It'd work as an alternative to my compromise, though)

Awaiting your answer.
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Safer Sephiroth 29/4/2017, 19:38

I'm okay with that compromise.
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Katlewande 30/4/2017, 01:13

I guess that means it's canon now, right? Awesome!
Alan Katlewande
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Strength: 6
Agility: 9
Intellect: 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 30/4/2017, 14:46

OFFICIALLY APPROVED
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 30/4/2017, 14:50

So, now that that's done, I was thinking:

If Safer and Lucifer were the ones bullied and eventually approached by Blaine, what if Lucifer did continue his training under them? And not only that, but Lucifer did indeed agree to them and became a genuine part of their group? Only, for unknown reasons, completely hiding it from everyone, Safer included.

That'd allow for some interesting developments later on, when the two will inevitably fight each other.

Just wonderin' if you like the idea. (although, Safer, you wouldn't have any control over Lucifer, sadly. The problem with such control is that it'd have to contain too much info about how the group works)
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Safer Sephiroth 30/4/2017, 18:52

Yeah, I'm in full agreement with that idea. It adds more in depth lore to the story line and will cause confusion within the fight of the two. I think we're onto something amazing with this whole Blaine thing even though there's already other great ideas by members, this just adds to the list. I just wanna know though, if Blaine and Lucifer are in the Survey Corps what will their official ranks be as of now? Soldier? Commander? Captain? Squad Leader? It would make sense to have Blaine as a higher up in the ranks because if Safer and other characters controlled by some members on this site are going to fight against him then it would have to be challenging because if it's it's not then where's the fun in that?
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdir 30/4/2017, 20:01

Good to know you like the Lucifer idea! Guess I'll work that into the Blaine thing officially, then.

As for the rank: well, it's not like Blaine needs a high rank to be challenging. That is to say, just because he's not a high rank won't mean he can't be strong; nothing stops Blaine from being a Soldier in terms of rank and be above a Captain in terms of skill, if you get my point.

That being said, I say he'll be officially a Squad Leader, with everyone in his squad being part of the group (but not all of the group being only his squad). Lucifer should be a normal soldier (although his stats will be kept perfectly equal to Safer's at all times), but not part of Blaine's squad. Nobody knows the two are still affiliated in any way, and like you said 'Lucifer seems to have forgotten about everything'. It makes full sense to tell you this because, well, your character met them, and their ranks can't be kept secret in any way.

Of course, there's also a wealth more of things that I can't tell you, but rest assured: the eventual battle will be hard enough. Perhaps too hard, to be fully fair, which is why I'll postpone it a long time. Let me just say that if it were to happen now, all of our characters together, including Severin in his Titan form, will probably lose.

So worry not.

(little bit of extra fun stuff: about a week after Blaine started ignoring Safer, Safer could see some bruises on Blaine's face. When asked (by other suvery corps), he answered it's from a fall during a mission. I will not say more.)
Herdir
Herdir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Safer Sephiroth 30/4/2017, 20:43

You said "Lucifer should be a normal soldier (although his stats will be kept perfectly equal to Safer's at all times), but not part of Blaine's squad." so does this mean that Lucifer isn't going to be part of Blaine's official Military squad but a member of his group? Or in both? Because there is quite a difference between the two, don't want to get those mixed up so I'm just making sure I fully understand the situation.
Safer Sephiroth
Safer Sephiroth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top